Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Xi'an quickly unbuckles his harness as soon as the jet comes to a complete stop. He sees Miranda run out of the wreckage towards Cyclops and Temper, and he follows, stopping long enough to ask the others remaining in the X-jet to grab Pyro and get him out of the jet.

Once Xi'an leaves the jet he runs towards Cyclops.

"Miranda, is he okay? Can you get him? If he's still out, let me try."

Yewah they are both in the jet

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
See, i'd have grabbed one or the other, but if they are unconcious, and I touch them, I use my power on them.

Since it's empathic, I would then be the unconscious one...which would solve nothing.

Victim

First Post
Where exactly did the plane crash? I got the impression that it was crashing into the wilderness area surrounding the school. On the other hand, other characters want to be picked up by car - not exactly a reasonable expectation in the above circumstance.

drothgery

First Post
Where exactly did the plane crash? I got the impression that it was crashing into the wilderness area surrounding the school. On the other hand, other characters want to be picked up by car - not exactly a reasonable expectation in the above circumstance.

We're about a mile from the school, which is in NYC exurbia; I'm thinking that a road is probably closer than the school, large expanses of open wilderness being somewhat rare until you get a bit farther from NYC. If we walk/run and stay together, it's probably going to take us 5-10 minutes to get there.

Victim

First Post
We're about a mile from the school, which is in NYC exurbia; I'm thinking that a road is probably closer than the school, large expanses of open wilderness being somewhat rare until you get a bit farther from NYC. If we walk/run and stay together, it's probably going to take us 5-10 minutes to get there.

On the other hand, we also have Spike and Wolverine running through wilderness all night to find a hidden base.

Plus a mile direct route isn't that far; with our powers and skills twenty minutes doesn't sound too hard without trying to hustle much.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
On the other hand, we also have Spike and Wolverine running through wilderness all night to find a hidden base.

Plus a mile direct route isn't that far; with our powers and skills twenty minutes doesn't sound too hard without trying to hustle much.

However, that's twenty minutes carrying a girl who is in a trance, aan unconscious teenager who currently has a fractured skull, and comatose adult that might be brain dead.

drothgery

First Post
However, that's twenty minutes carrying a girl who is in a trance, aan unconscious teenager who currently has a fractured skull, and comatose adult that might be brain dead.

Strictly by the book (and ignoring ackwardness involved in carrying a human, and that moving injured people isn't a good idea)...

Eric has 18 Str; he can carry up to his heavy load (300 lb) indefinitely, and move at 2/3 normal speed. This will let him cover 1 mile in a little over 13 minutes if he double moves every round. I suspect Scott weighs less than 300 lbs.

Xian has 14 Str; his heavy load is 175 lbs. I suspect that, by the book, he can carry Pyro or Serena.

However, Temper's 12 Str (and heavy load of 130 lbs) probably is not sufficient to carry the other one. She'd need a TK assist from Miranda.

Miranda has Flight 4, which gives her a flight speed of 100 MPH. If she uses all out movement, she can go 4 times that speed for up to 12 rounds before needing to make a con check, but she doesn't need to, because she can reach the school in 2 rounds (without all-out movement, she can reach the school in 3 rounds; basically, it's 2/3 mi per round at all-out movement vs 1/3 mi per round at a double move).

The moral of this story is that if we're within a few hundred feet of a road, Eric should just give Miranda his keys.

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Miranda has Flight 4, which gives her a flight speed of 100 MPH. If she uses all out movement, she can go 4 times that speed for up to 12 rounds before needing to make a con check, but she doesn't need to, because she can reach the school in 1 round.

Which leads to Dave's Crazy Idea, which will probably require someone giving me a breakdown in how Power Stunts work.

1) Eric Power Stunts his Boost power to increase Miranda's TK as much as he can; if he can give her rank 8 TK, she should be able to carry everyone. Actually, his normal 'boost all powers' boost ought to work for that. AND it'd increase her flight a few ranks, too.
2) Miranda carries everyone up to the school.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Which leads to Dave's Crazy Idea, which will probably require someone giving me a breakdown in how Power Stunts work.

1) Eric Power Stunts his Boost power to increase Miranda's TK as much as he can; if he can give her rank 8 TK, she should be able to carry everyone. Actually, his normal 'boost all powers' boost ought to work for that.
2) Miranda carries everyone up to the school.

That'd work really well.

Would we need to do anything to stabilize the injured people besides the TK itself? A panel from the aircraft could be used as a platform so Miranda would be carrying one heavy object instead of a whole bunch of a smaller ones. If that rope is still intact, it could be used to strap people down.

Remove ads