Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

drothgery

First Post
There's also the weight of the platform though.

Shouldn't be a problem if Eric can get Miranda to TK rank 8, and it looks like he can; Str 40 gives a light load of 1 ton. If we stick to my 200 lbs/person estimate, that's 1400 lbs. So as long as our platform is less than 600 lbs, we're okay.

Jemal

Adventurer
Phasing wont' work for the above-mentioned reasoning, but It'll work with what you've suggested so far. Updating IC thread, and sorry for delay.

Shayuri

First Post
Failing a lethal damage save by 15 means...dead, right?

I seem to recall this was the case. If not, disregard the remaining post.

Bah. For a second there, I thought I had a chance. :)

Ah well...I have learned an important lesson about relying on Deflect to protect. Shall I make a new character at this point?

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
For the Crash guys, I'm gonna need to run a few more combat rounds before you arrive. Also, what speed does Miranda fly at again?

Miranda has Flight 4, so her base fly speed is 100 MPH (or roughly 1000 feet per move action, using the MPH = feet per round/10 estimate in the rulebook).

If Our Heroes + the platform are a light load for her (and unless the platform is more than 600-700 lbs or so, it shouldn't be), she can use all out movement to travel at four times her speed; this will get us almost to the mansion in 1 round (4000 ft being about 3/4 of a mile), and certainly will get us there in two rounds (it almost certainly took us more time setting up than travelling, which was the point...).

If it's a medium or heavy load, she can only travel at 2/3rds her speed (66 2/3 MPH) and can't all-out move, only double move. That gives us 1333 feet per round she double moves, and so takes 4 rounds to cover a mile.

Victim

First Post
Failure by 15 or more goes to KO+Dying. So she's not completely out yet. You have a HP left right? Unless you'd much rather make a new character, then don't let yourself fail that first save.

Shayuri

First Post
Mew. I'll have to think about it. This might be a good time and method to retire her... I have been dissatisfied with her in several ways for quite awhile now. A shame to lose the RP and relationships though.

I'll think on it.

Victim

First Post
Ah well...I have learned an important lesson about relying on Deflect to protect.

If you want the special effect of deflecting attacks without the crappy power, consider Shield, Force Field, or Defensive Roll.

Also, I think one of the reasons Deflect is so expensive is that it is generally in addition to conventional defenses, not instead of them. Of course, Concealment also stacks with normal defensive abilities, and it can be extremely cost effective.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
No matter what, it looks like the school will need to hire a lot of Counselors. Realistically speaking, even if you bring in a new character, the RP should become very interesting very fast as a result of all the collateral damage from the last two days of attacks.

Remove ads