ISRP Convention??

Kallikrates

First Post
Lol....this is a wonderful idea.

But I have the same difficulties others have.
Money probably wouldn't be an issue for me (everyone if I ever win the lottery! :D ).
But I have packed schedule until at least the middle of next May with college and all that.

Plus I could probably only dress up as one of my characters.
Since I can't even begin to match up in physical stature to any but one.
But that is because that one wears a cloak. :D :p

I would love to see this actually happen.

But I've still got until 2009 before I can actually participate in any barroom settings! Even though I won't even when I get to the age of twenty-one.

So...I ramble....peace!

Adrie

First Post
I think this is an awesome idea....
i could hopefully work around the money issues....
now to lose some weight to be my fav character i play LOL and find the boots to make me taller LOL, but honestly though... as long as we do the best we can to portray our character who cares? hardly any of us are really like who we play right? as for IC and OOC issues I think all those should be checked at the door as its been said before not everyone knows everyone personally, yes some of us do know other players outside of here personally in RL and even see them in RL but when going to a convention all issues should be checked at the door :)
I hope we can do this! now i'm excited!

I could never look like brutal, but witha few weeks in the gym I could have the muscle to pull of my other characters. Everyone says money is an issue, what about travel.

Magi_Trelian

First Post
I've organized events for largish groups of people (about 400 to 600 people or so) as well as for smaller groups. A general order of preparation, to make this real, might go like this:

(1) decide general location (by poll? east coast USA, west coast USA, mid-USA, England, Hawaii, Australia, elsewhere)

(2) find someone in that overall area to sponsor it (trust me, you need someone local in charge) and that gives you a specific location and probably a general idea when they can do it

(3) decide more exactly when to hold it and how many people might attend at that time (another poll? or just a thread)

(4) now you have a city and time frame and general idea of number coming, then you can find a place to hold it; this can range from someone's big backyard if only 15-20 people can come, to a school/church/function hall, or hotel if you're willing to pay/charge big bucks

(5) the place and what facilities are available will help set the schedule of events; or you can get ideas for events ahead of this and use them to help pick the site

Fowai Uss

First Post
Firstly, I would like to point out that, if organized properly, this would be a fantastic thing. IC and OOC drama most definitely ought to be left at the door in such a case where this dream became reality. I'd also like to state that the whole 'dressing up like your favorite character' idea, while appealing to me, might not quite work out so well. As you may have surmised, Fowai here is my favorite character to play...

Fowai : Awww...you do care...

Fowai's Player: Hush, you.

But, while I might somehow manage to resemble him in one way or another, the more I think about it the more it doesn't look pretty. I'd have to dye my hair bright red, stain my skin jet black, and wear gold-eye contacts. I'm 6'3" and your average drow (despite Fowai's very un-average nature) comes to a height of about 5'. Also, I most definitely outweigh Fowai by at least a hundred pounds. So, if this ISRP Convention ever takes place and I have the funds and availability at the time to attend, I'll just use Imreis' idea and wear a name tag.

Fowai: That'd probably be best. You'd just look like some cheap knockoff of the original, and no one wants to see a bootleg copy of Fowai running around...

Fowai's Player: Why on Earth did I ever give you that sharp tongue of your's?

Fowai: The easier to skewer my foes? You know how much I like to stick my tongue out at my foes...

Fowai's Player: Whatever the reason, could you at least appear to hold some respect for your creator?

Fowai: Oh, but I do respect you, oh mighty Creator. I praise you for delivering me, your finest creation, to the world!

Fowai's Player: Deliver you to the world...more like unleash you on the world...

Fowai: Same difference.

Last edited:

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
Wow this is sounding more and more awesome by the moment. For a while when I was at work I didn't think anyone was going to reply. Then I get home and BOOM! 17 replies and over 100 views! XD Yesh! And yes, there would be issues, all which are mentioned above. Oh and Immy, what's wrong with crossdressing, hun? It's more fun than it sounds. And his hair is longer than yours? Wig maybe? ^_~ I think this idea isn't completely out of reach, as you can see in the post above Fowai, Magi T states a line of action for such an event. I know there are those whom are across seas, Liadan's player lives over seas and so does Tabita. But there has got to be a way to get those players to the states... Hmmm.

Last edited:

Remove ads