ISRP Convention??

Velira Evangeline

Banned
Banned
In a thread I had started recently Kalreil mentioned how interesting it would be if the players of ISRP would meet in a real bar. Thus arose the intresting idea, what if there was an ISRP Convention? Everyone could dress up as their favorite character and maybe fun would be had by all. I frequent MTAC (Middle Tennessee Anime Convention) every year and the thought of an ISRP con just seems awesome. Of course, that would include having the funds to do so. Why must money rule the world?! XD

Anyways, I guess the reason I started this thread is to see what kind of ideas the players could come up with for things to have at the con, if there ever was one. So post some ideas, and let's see how it goes.

Last edited:

Acacia Velvendra

First Post
OMG, that is an AWESOME idea!! I'd go to one!! If I had the funds, anyway. Players dressing up as actual characters we've seen on ISRP, sitting around in a bar? It's awesome!!

I admit, you've got me super excited about this concept. But then...I do happen to love playing dress-up!! I guess the only question that needs to be asked is, how would we put something like that into motion?

Oh, yeah...and throwing an idea for something to do out there...Fields of Honor always had miniature-painting competitions. How about character portrait competitions? Maybe even a booth where you can show your work, and sell it?

Can't forget food, either. Conventions are sorely lacking, and I'd SO cook for people!!

Last edited:

Jeajea

First Post
I would adore to do something like this. The thought does occur, though... does ISRP have enough people? I don't really know, but I'd guess there's something like thirty to fifty people who do ISRP regularly. The other problem is location - I live in England, and I'd have to travel to America. Even there, there can easily be people who can't afford to travel within the states. Of course, the best way to resolve this would be to really push ahead and try to do it, and see whether it's possible.

Imreis

First Post
Hehe, I would not dress up for serveral reasons.

1. Im no LARPer dang it!
2. Erm, Imreis is a good foot and two inches taller to me, has more hair then me, and well he's a guy and im a girl. Don't think i could pull that off very well.

Other then this, a convention sounds so cool too. But would we all have to walk around with name tags listing our characters names? lol i can see it now.

Hello, my name is:
Imreis
Phereal
Strife
Otheus
ect...

Kalreil

First Post
Hmm, I saw this more as just a get together, but dressing up would be cool. money comes up. Cross country trips are expensive, let alone crossing an ocean.

Ruthia

First Post
hhmm...well considering I'm 200 pounds or so HEAVIER then Ru....yeah won't work.

hhmm...could dress up as a generic dragon and symbolis all my characters at once? *snickers* but yeah Jea pointed out the big problem. Money, cash, Coin..I have none. :confused:

Hey Fox, Least with Im/Oth/Strife it's all one costume really? :p

Ruthia

First Post
Skylyne_Moonweave said:
I love the idea, but would IC and OOC drama get in the way?

Probaly. You got certain groups that are determined to hate other groups even without really knowing them *shrugs* thats life for yeah.

Midna

First Post
That'd be fun for a convention with the whole character thing, then again course any convention has the problem. Besides money, where to place it, what about rules for it? I'm well aware and rping with several characters and players that are so to say still kids *points to all kids of 15ish-16* What of them? I know most are respectful and sure to find a buddy, but most on ISRP are like me and who knows who else are 20 years of age and older.

Remove ads