ISRP Convention??

I've always thought about this, been like that for about a year, since I began playing. I have continuously thought about how to get everyone together...though I don't like the idea of dressing up like Sir Dieterich...or any of my characters...but yeah...this is why I want to win the lottery, so I could get everyone together and we could meet each other :)
Sounds like it could be an awesome idea...I'd love it. However, the part about people automatically hating each other is inevitable...*thinks about himself* Yeah...I can't see me going very far with many of you...after all, I think I destroyed any goodness about myself back in the Fall, when I was an idiot on the posts and had a lot of people not liking me :( I've heard from people about others saying things about me too...so yeah, we'd need security, *thinks Magi Nashira!*
And we don't have to do this in a bar...
And doing it in North America seems to make the most sense...seeing as a majority of the people live here...

Tharivious

First Post
Ruthia said:
Put in a vote for

USA, New York

No...not the City. I acctually live near Canada and the great lakes :)
Same state, but I'm closer to Canada. I guarantee it. :p

Magi_Trelian said:
Next summer would sound like the best bet to give sufficient notice for planning.
And lock me out of the fun, almost 100%. Big moving plans for me in that part of the year unless some earth-shattering changes happen before then. Mind, I'm almost 100% out of any plans before that anyhow due to lack of finances, so don't mind me much on that end.

On the bright side of that... a few (I'd say 2-5, depending on how things go...) years down the line, the means should exist to have an ISRP-Meet hosted in (for the over 21 crowd)/outside-of (for the under-21 crowd) an ISRPer owned pub close to one of the better tourist destinations in the country (the Adirondak mountains, prime sightseeing in the fall).

As far as a location for the first one... I'll reference something that players in Fantasy Empires did while I was enthralled in that game: Host an annual meet in vastly different locations each year. They had one in England, then one in Sweden (and probably others since then, I couldn't keep up with their pace anymore). So whichever areas aren't chosen should move up in the list for the next one.

Kallikrates

First Post
Good thinking Tharivious, switching up the meeting places annually.

And yes...some people will hate others once they figure out who that person(s) plays.

Which is very short-sighted as the characters don't really define who the players are!

I mean.... well....I suppose I have traits from all my characters!
Yep....my split personalities. So next summer sounds nice.
But it is heavily advised that if the event takes place on the east coast that a 'Plan B' must be made as a precaution. Unless everyone here lies hurricanes?

Lace_Letharia

First Post
Well to make it more FUN. We could go anonymously and out of character, and meet everyone. We can have certain Votes go Towards, Most Villaneous, Most Outrageous, Most Hated, Most Sparkly, Most Loveable, Most Miserable, Most fun. And at the end of the Evening? Or Weekend? Those particular characters that may be in the Audience can step up and accept their prize, and THEN shock the mosquito bites off everyone.

Ruthia

First Post
Lace_Letharia said:
Well to make it more FUN. We could go anonymously and out of character, and meet everyone. We can have certain Votes go Towards, Most Villaneous, Most Outrageous, Most Hated, Most Sparkly, Most Loveable, Most Miserable, Most fun. And at the end of the Evening? Or Weekend? Those particular characters that may be in the Audience can step up and accept their prize, and THEN shock the mosquito bites off everyone.

Now THAT would be fun...except one tiny detail. There are many here who know each other in real life...SO it would have to be agreed that even if you KNOW the person..you don't talk about thier characters.

Kallikrates

First Post
Sounds fun. Can I get the 'awwwwww.....isn't he special award'?

Right....more and more funness it seems like. I'm going to get a dart out and randomly hit days of next June, July, and August to see which gets the most hits. ;) :D

Fowai Uss

First Post
First off, I live in Texas, US of A.

Second, I feel the need to state the fact that I may be unable to attend if aforementioned ISRP Convention were to take place in the next 2-3 years. I am preparing to serve a 2-year mission for my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (e.g. I'm Mormon and proud of it :D ). I mean, I'm not leaving particularly soon, but it's on my list of 'Big Steps Toward Becoming A Functioning Member Of Society'. I've already taken care of a few (i.e. be born, goto school, survive high school long enough to graduate), but there's plenty more on that list that still need to be checked off. But, I digress.

My main point in declaring this is that, despite my unwavering willingness, nay eagerness to attend an ISRP Convention, due to various circumstances, I might not be able to. In any case, I support the idea 100% and wish all who are able to attend when everything's organized and set into place a fond 'have fun'.

Fowai: Sad that these poor unfortunates might not get the chance to meet the Mighty Creator of the Ferociously Fantastical and Phenomenal Fowai in person...

Fowai's Player: One of these days, I'm going to have to pull you off your high horse...

Fowai: No! Don't do that! I'll no longer have people looking 'up' to me the way you do, and more importantly, I'll no longer be able to look 'down' on people the way you do...

Fowai's Player: 6'3" isn't that tall.

Fowai: It is for a 5'-nothing drow like me.

Fowai's Player: Ok, let's continue this conversation off thread. I'm sure these people don't want to watch us bicker and banter, back and forth over inconsequential matters.

Fowai: Sure they do! They visit forums and read about somebody's inconsequential matters...might as well be ours...

Acacia Velvendra

First Post
Fowai Uss said:
Fowai's Player: Ok, let's continue this conversation off thread. I'm sure these people don't want to watch us bicker and banter, back and forth over inconsequential matters.

Fowai: Sure they do! They visit forums and read about somebody's inconsequential matters...might as well be ours...

Let me just begin with, I think it's hilarious!!! *beams*

Secondly, I want to apologize specifically to Ruthia's and Immy's players, as my messenger is being a pain lately. It's off-topic, I know, but I'd still like to say I'm sorry!!!

In any case, the summer idea would work splendidly for me, assuming I haven't moved anywhere spectacular by then. And I was thinking...I'd make a huge-mongous batch of Josie's player's famous potato casserole...probably have her help, too!!! It'll be awesome!! Oh, and can't forget the homemade brownies!! I just want to cook for ya'll sometime!!

Liadan

First Post
hrrmm...Liadan..Jeajea! I know! I'm going to win the lottery and buy you both a ticket to come! Promise!

Really? Awww! lol well let me know if you don't so I can start my plans on stealing a plane... ohhh add that to my list of getting there... or I can ship myself? Damn it... Asia's just so friggin far away!!!

Remove ads