Hunted: Enemies of the Empire

airwalkrr

Adventurer
A long time ago, in a galaxy far away...

Click here to cue music.

HUNTED: ENEMIES OF THE EMPIRE​

The Emperor reigns over the galaxy with an iron fist. His apprentice, Darth Vader, now scours fringe systems for any remaining trace of the few rogue Jedi who have thus far eluded death at his hand. Meanwhile the Syndicate, a loose organization of corrupt merchants and bounty hunters who serve the Emperor's will for a price cause further trouble for his enemies. The information gathered by their agents is projected throughout the galaxy via the HoloNet for bounty hunters everywhere to use in the hunt to eradicate the Jedi.

Still, one man works against the Emperor and his minions. The scoundrel known to the galaxy only as Zin has gathered a group of skilled operatives to serve as his tools in getting those hunted by the Empire to safe asylum on remote planets at the furthest extents of the Outer Rim. Even now this group, known as Zin's Renegades, is scheduled to meet with the Bespin mine manager Bata Etooka in Cloud City where they hope to gain information about a senator who might be sympathetic to the Jedi.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Einan - Read this first]HX-33 will begin this scene as Bata's bodyguard droid, but don't worry. It won't be like that for long.[/sblock]

A human named Jinta, an Ithorian known as Trangle, and a Sullustan by the name of Nyub find themselves at Bespin's seedy Gas Giant Bar, where a number of scoundrelly and unsavory sorts mingle. Most of you are fairly unfamiliar with each other, having recently been hired to work together by Zin, but you understand that your abilities are meant to compliment each other, so you hope your comrades have your back. As you sip a green beverage that the Twi-lek server assured you would be a "delight," you await the arrival of Bata, whom allegedly has information for you about a senator who might require your services.

In the background, a motley crue of musicians sing a jaunty tune that makes the place feel a bit more jovial than it might otherwise be. But you still feel it best to be on your guard.

RisingPhoenix

First Post
OOC: I'll steal gray for speech.

IC: Jinta sat back in the seat, her eyes closed, her head rested back against the cushioned seat. Her hands were wrapped around the glass, but she hadn't taken a sip yet. When it was delivered, her smirk was faint- her face that might have been pretty marred by more then one scar. One slides from the edge of her ear down her neck, dissapearing down the line of her chest under her leather vest she wore in the bar. The only comfort was her possessions at the back of her feet- one foot looped into the case that held most of her items- that and the cold metal pressed against her back. When someone said she might have a stick up her...well you know...they weren't joking. It was tucked into the back of her pants, within easy hand's reach.

Although she looked totally relaxed, there was simply no way she was. Bata put her on edge- she hated it. The bloody coward. telling her she couldn't use weapons, then decided to tear the grating up just to make her yeild. She tried not to squeeze the glass too hard- the last thing she needed was to piss off the bartender in this place. Opening her eyes, she turned her head enough to examine each and every one of her soon-to-be compatriots.

This was going to go Very. Badly.

Max

First Post
Nyub slid into his seat, automatically leaning back into the shadows as much as possible. With the "mood" lighting, his dark clothes blend in well making him feel somewhat anonymous. He isn't one to take anything for granted, however, and so his large eyes scan the room, easily piercing the gloom looking for trouble. Or Bata. Assuming there is a difference between the two.

Looking at the "delightful" drink in front of him, Nyub decides that business should come before pleasure, and takes only a tiny sip before leaving it on the table. "I hope Bata is on time. Otherwise we might actually have to drink this glop," says Nyub, just making conversation.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The green liquid isn't so terrible, but it's flavored by some local spice that is truly aberrant for such a cocktail. It leaves a tangy aftertaste that is a bit sickening. Clearly an acquired taste.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 30/30 (12)

An Ithorian approaches the table where you sit. He bows ever so sightly and says softly "Greetings companions." and then sits down carefully. "I am Trangle - at you service. I hope, sincerely, that I will not be needed today." he says calmly and matter-of-factly.

Trangle is dressed in grey and brown robes of sorts that resemble Jedi robes but that are contemporary enough to not be mistaken as such by those who are not really familiar with the Order. He sits very calmly and closes his eyes for a brief moment, and then resumes looking to his new companions.

[OOC: I will Search My Feelings to see how the next little while may play out. I will also Search for other Force Users in the are as well.]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: In order to Search Your Feelings, I need to know an intended course of action. As for other force users, you detect none.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=FreeXenon]You get a vague sense of uneasiness, anxiety. Something is not right about this meeting, though you doubt it has anything to do with Bata himself.[/sblock]

Remove ads