Hunted: Enemies of the Empire

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 30/30 (12)

"We must be vigilant, friends, as I fear that in our shortly coming meeting with Bata will bear an element of contention. Be on the look our for deception not stemming directly from our beneficiary." the Ithorian adds and then goes quiet again.

Max

First Post
Nyub glances over at the cryptic Ithorian. "So, be careful and keep our eyes open. Gotcha." Nyub isn't sure where the warning is coming from, however in any meeting like this it's good advice, regardless.

RisingPhoenix

First Post
"I don't doubt it, Bata has a tendancy to bring contention," she mentioned with a small, sarcastic sneer on her lips, shaking her head as the others joined them. She watched both of them - but the Ithorian more then the others. Cryptic things...she didn't do well with cryptic things. They always lended to trouble.

"Jinta, by the way..." the remark was casual, offhanded, like her name was truely unimportant.

FreeXenon

Trangle looks to the human female, scarred as though she may be, they all look very similar to his Ithorian eyes. "What do you know of this Bata so that we all maybe be equally aware of our contact.... Jinta?"

RisingPhoenix

First Post
"The usual. He's your typical mine manager. He spars for fun. Cheats to win, that sort of thing..." She went to take an automatic sip of the drink in her hand and stopped JUST short of it, putting it down and pushing it away.

FreeXenon

Trangle nods politely accepting her information while hiding his surprise that her information was less than informative for their current circumstances. He takes a few moments to look about at the current patrons here and then moves back to looking at his new group of companions.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Most of the patrons here are human, with a smattering of aliens here and there. Bothans are surprisingly well-represented, as are trandoshans, but nothing alarming. The musical entourage includes a wookie playing bongos as well as two men and a woman, however they each appear to hail from a different part of the galaxy judging by their various garb.

As you converse with idle chit-chat among your companions, you see a duros enter through a side door as if he is attempting to avoid notice. He is followed by a humanoid droid with a holstered blaster, clearly a combat model, but well worn and looking as if it has seen much better days.

[sblock=RisingPhoenix]You recognize the duros as Bata, although he has had some cosmetic surgery to disguise his facial features. Most notably, a scar has been removed.[/sblock]

The duros catches sight of your group and tosses up his hands in delight before making his way over to your table. He sits down and says something in an alien tongue to the droid who responds with a nod.

[sblock=Max]The duros is speaking durese to the droid. Make sure to keep an eye out. I heard Kinda Varrn is in the area. The name Kinda Varrn sounds vaguely familiar to you, but you cannot remember where you heard it before.[/sblock]

Ah, hello my good friends. Wonderful to see you again, the duros says with a smile. I guess we should talk about that little runaway miner of mine eh? Oh, and this hunk of scrap metal is HX-33. He is only here for protection. Give him no mind.

FreeXenon

Trangle nods deferentially and awaits the more pertinent information so that they may get on with their mission. He looks over the battered droid unit quickly. Half afraid and half calm, he sits and waits, preferring others to do the talking.

[OOC: I am noticing that none of us has social skills. We really are quite the rag tag group. All business and none of the time wasting panty-waist verbal reparte. The only reparte you will get here is at the end of blaster or light saber.]

Last edited:

RisingPhoenix

First Post
Her eyes narrow, focusing on the duros. Interesting, he's hiding...this didn't bode well in even the slightest. If he was hiding...well, wonderful. Then he wasn't lying. He did need her help.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she stared at him, hard. Waiting- eventally he'd get to the point.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Looking over at your green drinks, the duros comments, Ah, I see you have tried the Karovian rat juice. Really quite an exquisite beverage, don't you think? I think I will order one for myself.

The shady duros quickly summons a waitress to the table and asks for one of the strange green drinks. He twitches nervously waiting for her to bring it to the table. She soon arrives with a glass of Karovian rat juice, as he called it, and he begins to sip it while his eyes dart about the room. After a few sips, he leans in close and whispers, I think they're on to me. The Empire has put a bounty on my head and I'm not sure if I am safe anymore. I need you to get me off this planet. I have a ship, but I dare not go to the docks without ample protection. They are swarming with hunters. HX-33 is a fine machine, but it's probably not enough to get me to my ship in one piece. If you can deliver me safely to my ship, I can give you a thousand credits each, plus the information you desire. I just need you to get me off this accursed planet.

Remove ads