D&D 4E 4E: Darkvision and Low-light vision

RigaMortus2

First Post
I am wondering if these vision types are going to go the way of Saga. In Saga, Darkvision and low-light do not have ranges. They just give you normal vision using that sight. So if a person with normal sight could see things a mile away when looking across a barren field in the middle of the day, a person with Darkvision would see the same thing if it was pitch black.

Wormwood

Adventurer
RigaMortus2 said:
I am wondering if these vision types are going to go the way of Saga. In Saga, Darkvision and low-light do not have ranges. They just give you normal vision using that sight. So if a person with normal sight could see things a mile away when looking across a barren field in the middle of the day, a person with Darkvision would see the same thing if it was pitch black.

Wait---you mean *another* of my House Rules could make it into 4e?

RigaMortus2

First Post
Yeah. Trying to figure out how much you can see using torch light is one thing. But factoring in how that effects low-light vision, is another. And someone with Darkvision can see perfectly in the dark, but only up to 60 feet?

Not saying these things are hard to figure out or anything, but what's easier? Just having them modify normal vision, or trying to adjust for 60 feet or double distance in dim light?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
RigaMortus2 said:
I am wondering if these vision types are going to go the way of Saga. In Saga, Darkvision and low-light do not have ranges.

I've never bothered with the ranges, either. They see just like they would normally, save for the lack of color for darkvision.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
low light vision is easy with torches, but not so much with star light. A low light creature sees in starlight, as if it were day, but i don't know what rules to use for creatures without low light vision in starlight.

Torches just double in size.

Remove ads