Aundair Raiders : Raid on Throneport

ethandrew

First Post
Retief counts heads and frowns at the oversleepers. He takes a big sip of the hot coffee, wincing as it burns his tongue slightly and sets the mug down. "Gah, I can't get used to that stuff. Too bitter, not subtle at all." He moves his right hand over to his left shoulder, rapping his fingers across his collarbone, "Okay, so those of you who wish to leave sooner rather than later, we should. I know how unwise it is to wake a Dead Man when they rest, so I would rather let a sleeping man lay. However, I'm going to leave a note with the innkeep, so that the straglers can meet up with us." He pauses for a moment, obviously displeased with this course of action. Shrugging, he amends himself, "Or should we just rouse them and drag them along?"

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
One thing one can never get used to is the overawing sight of an airship. Even with the elemental dormant for now it is an impressive, near impossible sight. The ship hangs in the air, supported by magic and soarwood.

It used to be a supply ship, armed with two ballistae, one in front and one to the rear. Compared to other airships there isn't much luxury. The aftercastle contains the captain's quarters and the map room/library.
Belowdecks there are eight rooms with two bunks each, an eating room and a kitchen. The rest of the floor is multi purpose, usable for troop or goods transport, and is accessible through a hatch. On lowest floor there is an obseratory at the front and the rear. the rest is cargo space, and is accessible through a hatch in the floor and one in the ceiling, connecting to the cargo space above it.
While you are dividing bunks amongst each other, a voice hails you from the ground. You look down and see another face from the past.

(cue for Mista Collins)

Drerek

First Post
ethandrew said:
He pauses for a moment, obviously displeased with this course of action. Shrugging, he amends himself, "Or should we just rouse them and drag them along?"
Aaranth smiles, "They're getting soft in civilian life. It's about time they got used to the field again. I'll get them."

Aaranth will go and rouse any of the others that haven't made it down yet.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Hail!" The man below shouts to those still on deck with a commanding voice that seems to project itself as if in an auditorium. Besides the mithril shirt underneath his cloak that seems to shimmer and shine while changing colors ever so slightly, a shortspear in his left hand and a crossbow at his hip, his only other possession seems to be a small backpack that is currently at his feet.

Making his way up to the deck of the airship, Devon gives the others a wide smile outlined by his neatly trimmed beard. "My sincere apologies for showing up late." He says as he extends his hand to shake those who accept it. On his hand are two simple copper rings, one bearing some inscriptions, the other plain as copper can get. "I slept in a little longer than I was hoping, but after the late night I had trying to find out some information. Thank you for the kind note informing me you had already left. Again; my apologies."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Forge looks at the extended hand for a moment, and then with a screech, his arm rose and his metallic hand compress Devons hand. "I salute you Devon... Oh... my apologies..." Forge release Devons hand, confused.

Eryndur

Explorer
Konnel smiles as he grips the telepath's hand. "Welcome back to the party, Devon! We're on our way to the goodmaster's tower, and from there to Throneport. Should be a fine vacation."

The warrior fondly remembers Devon's judicious use of his mindlink when a Thranish captain had mistaken Konnel for a deserter from the Northern Crusade base of Daskaran. Another scrape the Dead Men had miraculously escaped -- except for Balfyl the Brackish, of course. That crazed shifter always did have a big mouth...

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Come on up Dev and let's get a move on!"

Sarelo climbs up to the helm and calls out, "Forge...double check those binding struts...I don't like the way they look. Make sure we stay up in the air. I'll do the rest."

He places his hand on the dragonshard and the ring of fire currently in a low simmer roars to life as the airship lifts up and away from the spire.

"Aaranth, Devon, cast off the lines...Dead Men, let's get to work!"

As the ropes binding the ship to the spire fall away, Sarelo eases the ship around, towards the rendevous point Forge mentioned this morning.

ethandrew

First Post
Retief smiles as Devon boards, nodding in his direction, "Good morning to you, Devon. Are you ready to begin your life as a caravan guard?" The wind ruffles what little hair he has left, his eyes not yet accustomed to the quick air. This was going to be an interesting journey, to be sure.

Mista Collins

First Post
Eryndur said:
Konnel smiles as he grips the telepath's hand. "Welcome back to the party, Devon! We're on our way to the goodmaster's tower, and from there to Throneport. Should be a fine vacation."
"Should be a fine vacation indeed." Devon says as he begins casting off some lines. One thing he did not miss on his time off was all the physical labor involved. His joints and muscles are going to be throbbing come tomorrow.

ethandrew said:
Retief smiles as Devon boards, nodding in his direction, "Good morning to you, Devon. Are you ready to begin your life as a caravan guard?"
"My talents are better served elsewhere than just as a caravan guard, but we would not have been entrusted with this mission if there were not more involved."

It was good to see some of his comrades again. To travel with the Dead Men once again is leaving Devon more than excited.

Remove ads