What we're all waiting for...full frontal nudity!!

It occurred to me the other day how often the PCs in my group, no matter who's DMing, tend to end up nude. Witness:
  • The wizard that lost all his gear with a Deck of Many Things and reported nude to the chief wizard's office after the fact.
  • The time we were all drugged and dumped in a field without our equipment. Any of our equipment. Except, of course, for our "equipment".
  • The time my buddy led my loudmouthed halfling into a strip club, told the girls I liked "the kinky stuff", knocked me out and left me there. I woke up nude and tied to a wall.
  • The bard who had an exhibitionist, Elan-esque streak and shed his clothes without really needing to.
  • The other bard who had a Gold Card for the local whorehouse and was once chased through it nude by an assassin (who was not nude, though it would have been funny if it was)
  • The druid who got high on "happy herbs" and was found sitting naked on the wizard's couch.
  • A-Psycho-style assassination attempt on a Shadowrun PC in the shower.
  • Elves in general, who seem to have a clothing allergy in one or two of the campaigns I've played in.

Does this happen to anybody else, or do we need to seek some professional help?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
It's come up in various games of mine, but never all at once.

My run through the Tomb of Horrors was obviously rather nudity-heavy, what with the portals that dump you one place and all of your equipment somewhere else. Since the party was using monkeys in order to find out the hazards of the portals, they didn't figure out the "stripping" feature until it was too late.

And then they started putting booties on the monkeys.

I'm currently running a group through Paizo's Gamemastery Module "Seven Swords of Sin", which is turning into quite the little exhibitionism fun-fest. Between the bard/druid flashing thugs for information to the monk learning about the sentence in the PHB that says a monk's unarmed strike can be used "by any part of the body"... oy.

Demiurge out.

Snapdragyn

Explorer
On my first session in a new group, my barbarian decided to lay out in the sun with all of the other sailors who were off duty - only he did it nude. He didn't understand all of the strange looks the other crewmen gave him.

I have to say, the other players did a great job of roleplaying their characters' shocked expressions. :uhoh:

Darrell

First Post
STARP_Social_Officer said:
Elves in general, who seem to have a clothing allergy in one or two of the campaigns I've played in.

Heh. :)

IMC, elves tend not to wear clothing in any case. They live outdoors, and I give 'em a certain degree of protection from heat/cold instead of that (IMO) silly 'notice secret doors'-type ability (low-light vision is enough of an 'enhanced senses' ability, as far as I'm concerned). They don't wear clothing because they don't want their movements hampered by bogged-down wet clothing in a rainstorm.

Many elves in more civilized areas wear clothing when dealing with humans, since many humans seem uptight about that sort of thing; but most take the attitude of, "we were here first, let them conform to our traditions," and have the humans strip before important political meetings and such stuff in elven lands.

Regards,
Darrell King

the Jester

Legend
There's a lot of sex and nudity in my games, typically.

I love the idea of a diplomatic mission that must, for reasons of culture, be undertaken nude! Thanks for the spark, there, Darrell!

Jubilee

First Post
One time our party heard about strange goings-on in a temple of.. hmm.. Kumari? She was sortof a goddess of virgins and those who were escaping unwanted marriages. Anyway, the legend said that if you bathed in the sacred pool at midnight, you would become a member of the temple (transported in). Somehow we came to the conclusion that bathing meant -literally-. We decided that we should send one person in to see what might have been happening to the girls, while everyone else flew (wild shape), levitated, or climbed in.

Well, my character was somehow elected/volunteered to be the bather - so naturally she took of her equipment (asking them to bring it with them so she could get dressed when they caught up again), and took a bath at midnight. There I was, transported into the courtyard and set upon by gargoyles - completely naked!

Anyway, after we regrouped and my character got dressed again, we were exploring the temple when we come across a damp - but fully dressed - holy warrior of the sect (we had met her outside town earlier, possibly how we found out there was something odd going on).

My character looked at her and said "You mean you didn't have to be naked????"

Zora piped up instantly with "We didn't know!"

So now whenever the party tries to talk my character into doing something wacky, I usually say something like "Alright, but I'm leaving my clothes on." to which someone invariably responds, "We didn't know!"

But that's the only nudity story in our group that I know about..

/ali

Graybeard

Explorer
Once in my campaign the barbarian was enjoying an evening with a young woman when he was interrupted by an attacking wraith. He jumped out the window and ran out into the town square nude. Then he climbed into the fountain. The other PCs were all in separate rooms and were attacked as well. Eventually they all ran outside into the square and found the barbarian in the nude. None of the other PCs were nude though.

davidschwartznz

First Post
Planescapes describes Sigil's Great Gymnasium as (paraphrasing) "a gymnasium in the classical style", which I decided to take literally. In old Greek, Gymnasium literally means 'place of nudity'. This made for an interesting complication when my heavily equipped party needed to access a portal in the Gym.

Oh, and Nifft, I don't know where you get naked minis, but I do know they exist because I 'inherited' some from a retiring gamer.

Remove ads