CLOSED Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords, Burnt Offerings

Friadoc

Explorer
Kael will try and find his way to a line of sight on the goblin, however seeing that his way is blocked the young sorcerer will try and make his way upward, once the path is more clear, in order to help out.

OOC

First off, give the nature of this encounter, if you need to speed things up, due to Kael being unable to see the target, feel free to, I totally understand.

That said, here is my Init: Post #761 - Initiative (1d20+2=20)

hewligan

First Post
Watchtower, Round 2

OOC: The goblin rolls a 17 for initiative , leaving an order of action: Goblin, Jokad, Jovik (with others doing non-combat action).

The goblin, despite the wicked gash in his gut, gives Jovik a wicked smile. He spits something undecipherable in his goblin slang. "Nyock. Nyock! Anach porabor", cackling to himself as he spits the words at the young man. He lunges forward, his horsechopper raised above his head, pushing it down towards Jovik's head. The thief feels the wind pushed before the blade. It is close. He throws his hands instinctively before his face, and somehow turns the blade away with Goblin Hook, the move almost accidental.

OOC: He misses, but only by virtue of your defensive choice this round.

Jovik hears the whistle of wind again, looks up, sees the goblin lunging at him, realises he does not have time to block, and is hit.

He falls forward, the goblin atop him. He feels pain. Waits for the killing blow. But nothing comes. The goblin just lies atop him, motionless. Jovik kicks out, pushing the goblin to one side, and scrabbling out from under him. His gut still leaking, his left hand pressed hard against the wound to stem the flow, he looks down upon the goblin.

A hand axe lies buried four inches deep in the back of the skull of the goblin. 10 feet away Jokad is perched, half in half out of the watchtower, his right hand still extended from the throw, a look of satisfaction upon his face.

The goblin ain't getting up from that!

OOC: Danth finds a broken potion, the contents leaking into the soil, 2sp, a crude dagger, the discarded horsechopper, and a bag of dice tied to the belt of the dead goblin.

Combat is over. You can take a look around from the watch-tower, heal up, search, etc.

Fenris

Adventurer
Joivk wrenches out the hand axe and tosses it to Jokad. "I had it under control." he says a little surly.

Jovik sits, then lays down on his back, resting to keep the blood loss down.

"Thanks though."

Jovik sits up, takes a quick scan around from his new viewpoint while his practiced hands search the body without looking.

OOC: <Maybe I should multiclass into barabrian to pick up more hit points. :cool:

frostrune

First Post
Jokad says to Jovik, "Lie low, I'll fetch Danth." Then the big barbarian ducks his head back under the platform and quickly decends to the ground.

"Danth, Jovik's in a bad way. He needs your help."

He looks down at Mal, then Kael. "Mal ain't getting up that ladder so I'll stay down here with Kael. Help Jovik, see what you can see, and get back down here before we all get caught."

Fenris

Adventurer
frostrune said:
Jokad says to Jovik, "Lie low, I'll fetch Danth." Then the big barbarian ducks his head back under the platform and quickly decends to the ground.

"I'll be doing cartwheels" replies Jovik sarcastically, though the ire stems more from the pain of his wound than true malice. Jovik does idlely slice open the goblin's chest and abdomen, watching the still warm, crimson blood leak out, though not as much as you'd think as carefully as Jovik cut. The lungs were still wet and pink, the heart barely stopped. Jovik wondered for a moment how a creature so alike to him in the inside could yet be so cruel on the outside. The thought of these creatures killing the men at the glassworks, not with a blade but with terrible, painful tortures. Suddenly the pain and hurt welled up in him, not just his own but all that he had seen over the last few weeks. And Jovik found himself releasing that pain by stabbing that heart, that cruel, black, malice filled heart over and over again, until Jovik nearly passed out from the effort and his own blood loss. Gorey now, he surveyed the surroundings again before laying balk down on the roof, tears smearing the blood on his face.

hewligan

First Post
Danth - let me know what healing spell you want to cast, if any, and make any required rolls.

Jovik - you are the best hope of spotting anything from the tower, so please roll a spot check to see if you can see anything of interest from up there.

hewligan

First Post
Healing Ways

Danth makes it to the top of the ladder just as Jokad is moving to fetch him. The barbarian moves to one side and waits nervously for the priest to do his work. He can tell Jovik is hurting, and although he doesn't feel much fear himself in life, that doesn't mean he doesn't feel worry for those around him. Heck, he has grown close to this miserable bunch over the past few weeks.

Danth bends low, pulling back Jovik's armour, unbuckling where necessary, and drawing a sharp intake of breath from the young rogue as the wicked gash is revealed.

"Nowhere near as bad as it looks, Jovik. Just a rough blade drawing a jagged cut. Trust me, Sarenrae's light will fix you up. Heck, its not as if your guts are spilling out!"

He places his holy symbol upon Jovik's belly, placing both hands gently on top of it, and starts to chant. There is a surge of energy that flushes straight through both men. It actually draws a gasp from Jovik.

Danth rises immediately. "Come, lets move on. There are more greenskins to carve apart." and with that he is moving down the ladder already.

Jovik glances nervously at his gut. It is still covered in sticky blood. He wipes away at it gingerly with the back of his sleeve. The skin beneath is perfect except for the faintest silver sliver of reformed flesh. He allows himself a quiet laugh, before buckling on his armour and moving to follow Danth.

As he passes, Jokad slaps him on the shoulder.

OOC: Danth casts cure light wounds (Rhun - please elect a spell to strike off) and heals Jovik of the entirity of his wounds (I rolled 8+3)..

OOC: Okay, you have all reformed at the base of the tower. You spotted nothing of import (it was just getting increasingly overcast and you think rain is not far away), and now it is time to move on.

2505801277_75533794bd.jpg

frostrune

First Post
Jokad recovers his handaxe and picks up his dropped bow stowing both with the practiced care of an experienced warrior.

"One more moment", he says grinning at the blood covered Jovik. He grabs up the broken goblin (the one who fell) and heaves the corpse into the room with the murdered guards, shutting the door behind him.

Coming back to the group he says, "Looks like rain. Those goblins outside (the fort) may take shelter soon. We best get moving."

He immediately heads toward the as yet unchecked door on the north side of this room.

Rhun

First Post
Sorry guys, I'm in Vegas...I did post an absent notice over in talking the talk. Hewligan, thanks for NPCing Danth.

"Yes, we should hurry," says Danth. "And let's try to avoid more injuries. I only have limited powers each day." The young priest smiles and again readies his weapon.

Dropped Shield of Faith for the Cure Light Wounds on Jovik.

Current Spells Readied
- Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, Resistance
- Level 1: Command, Bless, Shield of Faith + (d) Cure Light Wounds
- Level 2: Spiritual Weapon, Hold Person + (d) Heat Metal

Remove ads