Strahd's Goblinoid mini campaign "Yar Gock

Rhun

First Post
Nerrak smiles at the sound of the mice squeaking. "Tasty morsels, yes," he mutters, stroking Daggermouth's mane. Mice weren't all that filling, but the witchdoctor liked the way their bones cracked when he chomped on them.

He raises an eyebrow at Ur'nagi's instructions. By Maglubyet, she was an insolent wench. Still, her plan was sound. And Nerrak liked the idea of being paired with the powerful Mek should they encounter danger within the tower.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Mek (Male Bugbear Ranger 1)

Mek points to Suxm and Ur'nagi and then points to the stairs first and then to the door (O,16), both of which have not been checked for traps yet. The Bugbear then points to Nerrak and motions for him to wait.

Mek will move near the stairs and will not break the plane of the containing walls and wait for Suxm to finish checking it for traps.

[OOC: My primary problem here is that not all doors (3 of them: S & R 20 and O16) and the stairs have not been checked for traps. I am especially vulnerable to dying because I have only 1 HD, so being extra careful is definitely in my best interests and it helps to ensure that we can last as long as possible by being quite cautious. Slow and Painful but necessary.]

Suxm Dreadgouge - Cleric 1 Rogue 1

Taking his time, Suxm checks the three other doors, and then he nods
Nothing is tricky about those three.
Checking the first few steps that leads down in to the darkness he says
Nothing over here and that's freaking me out!!

FreeXenon

Mek (Male Bugbear Ranger 1)

Mek shakes his head in agreement with Suxm.

The Bugbear points to Suxm and Ur'nagi and then points to the door (O,16), and then points to Nerrak for him to follow.

Mek will then pad over to the west facing door (T,20), listen for a moment, and open the door quietly while keeping his body shielded by using the door frame, and then look in to see what is there.

doghead

thotd
ic - Yar Gock

Pleased to be moving again, Ur'nagi waits until Sumx joins her, then opens the allocated door and goes through, spear held ready.

Urnagi & Suxm: peeking inside without stepping into the room you see A broken, webbed, dirt covered massive bed, littered with bits of stone and several head-sized rocks dominate the room, an old partially opened closet and a massive wooden chest complete the furniture.

Mek & Nerrak: opening the door quietly while keeping his body shielded by using the door frame, Mek spots that this room is lined with big broken oak table covered with yellow mold and several broken chairs, a massive piece of red-stone lies in the middle of the table. 4 goblin skeletons rest on the floor, probably old exploration party that tried to find the red-stone.

Attachments

• Tower ruins Yar gock.xls
    45 KB · Views: 91

FreeXenon

Mek (Male Bugbear Ranger 1); HP: 11/11

Mek slowly and quietly closes the door, taps Nerrak, points to the other two and then points to our door.

The bugbear searches deep in his memories for any danger that this yellow mold stuff might present to us. It makes him really nervous to see the goblin bodies with the mold and red stone here.

His brow furls his brow while he is thinking about it. Mek quietly pulls out a three torches and begins to light them in case the mold is dangerous. If it is it will most likely have an aversion to fire instead of his trusty dwarven axe.

If he does not know then perhaps the others will know better.

[OOC: mold and stuff should be covered by Know (Dungeonering) +7? I hope. :uhoh: ]

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Assuming that Nerrek passes on Mek's request to jon them ...

Ur'nagi sighs and turns to Sumx.

"I will help helpless bugbear. Will you be right here?"

Once Ur'nagi has learnt of the situation in the other room, she will take one of the torches as well. She knows little about molds and the like, but from what she has seen of them in their own cavern, fire would seem to be more useful than a spear. The skeletons are also cause for concern. The bodies of the dead not properly laid to rest always are.

FreeXenon

Mek (Male Bugbear Ranger 1); HP: 11/11; Melee +5; Init +3

Mek hands out the torches to each person as then ready behind him. He opens the door a little bit and then looks to the ceiling to make that there is none there ready to drop on them in deluge of moldy ambush.

He signals his hand for the goblins to wait for him. He opens the door a little bit and, from the mostly closed door, he begins to burn the yellow mold'ish substance with his torch - and waits to see its response.

Remove ads