S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rhun said:
"Would you like me to track its path back into the jungles?" asks Aearanduil again.

"Not now, I guess," Ipshivi said. "Let's wait for the others to get back first."

OOC: While we wait for the NPC trackers to return, Ipshivi will hit the "treasure" from the critter with a Detect Magic. Assuming, of course, that the bloodied backpack doesn't look like it came from one of our absent NPC types...

s@squ@tch

First Post
Ipshivi invokes her magic sight, casting an inquisitive, yet invisible, eye on the goods inside the monsters bag.

The backpack itself does not radiate magic, and it does not appear to be standard issue of House Tharashk that the guides were wearing.

Inside the backpack are 6 cloth wrapped packets, that, when unfolded appear to be rations. They look unspoiled and fresh and do not radiate magic.

Various adventuring goods are located in the backpack -- a sunrod, 50' rope, waterskin, tent spikes (no tent), along with 2 vials of colored oil of a thick green color, and 2 vials of a clear liquid. All the vials do not radiate magic.

Ipshivi's magical sight does pick up the presence of a carved wooden twig with arcane glyphs carved along the side in a pocket inside the backpack.

The gold coins are of giant make, speaking to their age, but do not radiate any magic, after a few minutes of stacking and counting, you found 83 of the giant sized coins (about 3 inches in diameter -- each coin is the equivalent to 5 gp).

Mixed in with the coins are a few small pieces of Siberys dragonshard.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi placed the wand beside the pack, and the vials as well. "This seems like the common gear of a traveler or explorer, save for the Siberys shards. The wand seems enchanted, and I'd guess the vials hold some kind of alchemical substance- I can't tell for sure. If anyone wants this gold, or the gear, they're welcome to it." And with that she leaves the pile to be divided or further analyzed...

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Yoggrith, yer god know any remedies fer putrid fang bites?" Morika asks, her voice growling with clear anger. Probably the anger is directed at herself, but despite her weakness she looks ready to bite someone's head off.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Campsite aftermath

Not more than 5 minutes after the giant humanoid was felled by Thanor's axe, Ganyon and the two other trackers emerge from the opposite side of the clearing.

On a pole between the two men is tied what looks to be some type of bear -- at least you think it is a bear. They walk with it towards the campfire, while the female tracker walks alongside. Their eyes stare at the giant corpse laying on the ground.

"If'n yer were plannin' on providin' dinnah fer us, ye culda sed sometin' before we left ta hunt." He says with a smile.

"Aye, that's a big feller der. Where ja find 'im?"

He looks down at the campfire for a moment.

"I suppose we're gunna need a bigger fire"

Sanadal looks at Ganyon harshly.

"I'm most definitely not going to be eating that. Now go along and be a good boy and truss up your catch -- I've got a wonderful meal planned for all of us, and I do not need to hear any rubbish about eating a freak of nature. Would you just look at it? It has three arms! THREE! Why would something need three of anything? Much less arms??" The gnome wanders back to his makeshift prep table deep in a conversation with himself.

Ganyon gestures to Trista and Gragth and the other two trackers begin to truss the gutted bear above the campfire.

Once the bear is set in place, Sanadal begins his careful ministrations upon the carcass, seasoning it, watching it, prodding it. About an hour later, he exclaims that it is finished.

He sets up a small buffet on one of the tree stumps nearby with generous cuts of the meat, along with platters of the roasted root vegetables. He then produces several plates from his bag and sets them out.

Afterwhich, he beckons the group over to eat.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika, still nursing her wounds, her weakness, and a grudge against the carcass of the creature that hurt her, heads over to grab a nice juicy hunk of bear meat.

"Nice kill," she comments, her voice just short of sarcastic. A wounded shifter is generally only nice in degrees. And Morika's always been on the low end of that. "You put mushrooms in here-. No... wait... This bear's part mushroom!" Morika stares at the meat with a moment of astonishment, then shrugs and goes back to eating it. "I ate a deer th' other day that grew leaves on its fur. Was like eating a meaty salad. Not bad. Weird though. Like the rest of this place."

Seemingly exhausting her ability at small talk, Morika wolfs down the rest of her portion, hoping solid food would help with her weakness. When it doesn't, her already brooding expression goes nearly black for several long minutes.

"This old goat's gonna make herself harder t' eat next time. Damned bloodthirsty fool..." It's not certain whether Morika is referring to herself, the dead three-armed beast, or someone else.

Remove ads