S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Redclaw

First Post
Heeding Voadam's warning, Thanor waits until the last possible second to attack the beast, hoping to draw its attention to himself. [sblock=ooc] Delay until just before the enemy, then do as stated in my post above (defensive stance and full attack). [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Even as the massive creature fell, Ipshivi again vanished from sight. "That was easy- too easy," she hissed. "I don't suppose any of you trackers feel like following this thing's back-trail for a bit, so we can see if he has any friends nearby..."

OOC: Re-invoke Walk Unseen, and take another sweep of the immediate area; Take 10 for Spot 18/Listen 22

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor, doing his best to wipe the creature's blood from his armor and his axe, looks up in surprise at the warlock's words. Apparently she hadn't seen the beating Morika took, nor the multiple times his own axe had failed to find its mark. Don't be seekin' extra trouble out, small one. We'll be a bit cleanin' up this mess at it is. If he had friends, they'll be findin' us soon enough.

s@squ@tch

First Post
As the halfling disappears from sight once again, a quiet overcomes the clearing. The only sound that is heard is the gnome, who apparently had just finished offering his prayers to the heavens for sanctuary from the giant beast, so that he could continue the dinner preparations. He can be seen chopping and slicing various root vegetables.

With the adrenaline from combat wearing off, Morika feels the devastating effects of the creature's poison coursing through her veins. She shudders once, then twice. [Secondary poison effects: Fort save #1 pass, Fort save #2 fail (AP would not help) - 7 STR damage (12 damage total)]

The magicks she had cast at the beginning of the combat tend to her wounds, but do nothing to alleviate the weakness she now feels.

OOC: The hunters/trackers are still not back at camp -- only the gnome and halforc artificier are nearby.

Morika's hp after Lessor Vigor wears off is 22/66.

Please remember to update your sheets with any AP used for your character, if any.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil moves from his concealment in the underbrush to inspect the massive corpse. He looks over the beast, nodding to himself in satisfaction at the amount of damage he had managed to inflict with his arrows. At Ipshivi's words, the elf nods, brushing a lock of auburn hair out of his face. "I can try to track the creature's path. It shouldn't be difficult, though the nightime complicates things..."

Voadam

Legend
Voadam replaces his wand in his haversack and joins the elf in inspecting the dead brute. "This does not match up to those reports, it is no true giant but not of the same class of otherness they have been experiencing. It did not radiate supernatural dread." He looks surprised as he inspects it "Jormungandr's bile, the fangs look venomous, Morikka?" He turns concernedly to the druid.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Upon inspecting the giant carcass, you note that besides a crude leather sack, the creature wears pieces of various animal hides for clothing and/or armor.

Inside the sack, you see a bloodied backpack, sized for a humanoid, a wrapped up cloth of some type, and some large golden coins.

drothgery

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Gods..." Morika gasps, and colllapses to the ground, clutching the bite marks on her neck. "Damn beast got a bite like a damn snake. Weaker than a kitten," she hisses, and drags a wand out of her backpack to at least close her physical wounds. "Gah, that was stupid!"

"When a crew has been together for years, and fought off monsters and pirates dozens of times, then I'll take them to task for less than perfect tactics. Today? I dare say that unless a giant of some sort jumps us in the next half-hour then the infusion I put on my blade was useless. But we are alive, and with no damage beyond your ability to heal, I think." Sanne said.

Remove ads