S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil nods at the wizard's words. He immediately begins checking the ground for tracks that may identify what happened here.

Tracking, survival +8

s@squ@tch

First Post
Aeranduil starts at the corpse of ettin and begins to closely inspect the ground nearby -- he finds the tracks of the ettin -- and partially reconstructs the combat that occurred.

[sblock=Aeranduil]
The ettin was walking through the jungle when it appears that it was ambushed -- many of its footprints can be seen circling around on themselves, so you surmise that more than one opponent was attacking, or one highly mobile opponent.

The attackers footprints are harder to find, but you do notice that there are many more of them, and that they appear to be much smaller in size than the ettins -- and appear to be made in 'sets'.

Aeranduil cannot locate the tracks of the attackers after the combat completed. To his trained eye, he can see tell-tale signs that the creature or creatures hid their tracks.[Survival check FAIL]
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: Since Rhun is in Vegas, everyone is allowed to read the sblock for Aeranduil -- assume he told you all what he has learned from his tracking/survival check.

Voadam

Legend
Green Wizard

Voadam considers the ranger's report, one hand going to his bearded chin as he ponders and conjectures "Footprints? About elven-sized would you say? With the scorpion massings we might be within an area the drow consider sacred in some fashion and not for any outsiders. That would make alliance making problematic if they felt we were profaning holy ground."

pathfinderq1

First Post
"Whatever it was, it wasn't giants- so the sooner we move out of this area, the happier we are likely to be." Ipshivi's voice was even softer than usual, and it wavered just a bit, as if she kept turning her head back and forth- as if either the scene itself or their phantom watchers had her especially on edge.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor listens to the discussion and quickly checks the crystal attacked to his armor. If things came within his reach he knew he would be fine. It was those attack from a distance that bothered him.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Aeranduil turns to the wizard,"No, those wouldn't, I mean, couldn't have been elf footprints, more like vermin -- like a big scorpion."

"That somewhat puzzles me, as I do not know much of scorpions, especially those that carry and wield blades."

Ganyon looks around uneasily.

"Scorrow." He says flatly.

"Dis aint' good. If'n we've entered da huntin' grounds ova tribe o' scorrow, then we gotsa be extra sharp. They track den kill ya -- settin' traps n' ambushes. Not many critters kin go toe ta toe wit one o' dem and expecta live ta tell ovit."

"I'm tinkin' dat da claw idol we sarw yisterdeh might be somepin' dat dey like...."

Voadam

Legend
"Ah, the scorpion-drow tauric beings. Blades, bows, sentience, tauric size providing strength and toughness, poison stings, and magically active if I recall correctly. Significant opponents, but they would make good allies against giants. What do we have to deal with toxins? We are likely to need anti-venoms if we face any. But as Ipshivi notes, we are here to learn about what the giant's are up to, so we should press on out of the area."

Rhun

First Post
"Perhaps they are the enemies of the giants," says Aeranduil. "Either way, we need to stay sharp."

Thanks for NPCing me, S@s. I'll be back to regular posting tomorrow.

Remove ads