Mega-Adventure Prelude--Tenebrynn's Revel

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
After speaking some times with Tenebrynn, Ashnar, Elektra, Opale and Almayce, Rinaldo come back to the group.

"Ok, we are leaving the day after tomorrow, that will leave us 12 days to reach the Chromatic Order. Our spellcasters will use spells to summon horses for everyone. Don't bother to take yours, as they will need to rest and we won't have time to do so. The wizards will supply you with an horse at the first light in the morning and a second fresh horse in the afternoon. We will be travelling fifteen continuous hours a day, leaving just time for our caster to rest and prepare there spells again for the next day of travel. We should arrive in 9 or 10 days, leaving us time to handle any problem we might meet on our trip. Travelling like that, we can travel with a group around fifty person, so I don't think anyone here will be left behind."

OOC: We get to 48 persons with Nodis' Astral Servant, and we can go up to 52 if Opale
learn Mnemonic Enhancer. How many do we have to carry to the council?
(OOC: Should be less than 50, since the LLtQ and NotA characters are not here yet. You can do it easily)

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Regular horses will probably be encumbered for almost all possible riders, which puts them behind by enough to miss the Council. Fortunately, I completely forgot about Mnemonic Enhancer when doing my calculations. That should work.
(I was meaning light warhorses. If given to those who travel light so they don't encumber the horses, they should be able to make it in time, no? 12 days, as you said above. Quozen, I believe, would even manage to not encumber a regular non-warhorse.)

ajanders

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: The cross-country route steers well clear of Fallon. In fact, considering that the Phantom Steed spell creates a Mount that ignores terrain penalties at CL 8, that makes the journey even faster than I thought for a Phantom Steed based crew.

For anyone else, the difficulty lies in terrain penalties. If you have someone with Survival to help you blaze a trail and negate some of them, you'll make it there before the people who take the roads. Otherwise after. And encounter rate is ostensibly higher, though the GM may choose to waive random encounters for the moment (or not if we still have to wair for LLtQ to finish :())

OOC: Michael huggles his level of ranger. For a bonus, does the cross-country route come near any sites of mystic earth power?
He'll just have to worry about encounters, unfortunately. Based on past experience, he's more likely to have trouble in Fallon than to get eaten by a wyvern in the wilderness.

orsal

LEW Judge
ajanders said:
OOC: Oh, Michael thought about getting the cloak, but he's not going to wear it around Ros.

IC
Michael sidles up to Nurlan.
"It sticks in my head that the way to the Chromatic Academy runs through Fallon, right? Can I get you to drop off a message there?"

"I certainly could. Are you not coming along?"

OOC: Lordy is a light warhorse, and so can travel 60' with up to 230 lb. If someone using the relay-summoned two-horses a day could carry his equipment for him (I'm sure we have some Handy Haversacks or Bags of Holding in the group), Nurlan could ride. Alternatively, he could let a slimmer and less-of-a-packrat rider take his horse and rely on summoned transportation himself.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Heckler said:
Rinya re-enters at Richard's beckoning and smirks at all the hubbub. "Fifty plus adventurers mounting up and leaving Orussus together? So much for subtlety. But if that lady needs this many swords there's got to be lots of things that need killing. I'm in."
"Not that they seem to care... but we could at least break into smaller groups and leave by different routes over the course of the day... if it even matters, subtlety that is. I'm headed back to the RDI to gear up and get some provisions. I doubt my ole mare Sally will be able to keep the pace, but we'll see."Richard leaves the party and returns to the RDI.

Last edited:

Robichaud

Explorer
"Sorry, Ash," says Jinx as he climbs to his feet, and steps forward. "Ah'll have to tell the stories of my sailin' under cap'n Ivar along the way.. deal?"

To the others, in a louder voice, Jinx declares: "Ah'm Jinx, and though I may just've come around in this business, but I'd be a bloody yellow coward if I didn't step up on this one. Surely it ain't a problem so big it can't benefit from throwin' a bolt or two at it - whether 'tis lightnin', or the feathered kind."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases