Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
Time...

Let's say that about one year has passed. Put yourselves 250 xp above the minimum for 4th level. Money? You've each managed to squirrel away about 2,500 gp over the lapse of time. Spend it as you wish, and this will give everyone more time and resources for the crafting of magic items, as well.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Leif said:
Let's say that about one year has passed. Put yourselves 250 xp above the minimum for 4th level. Money? You've each managed to squirrel away about 2,500 gp over the lapse of time. Spend it as you wish, and this will give everyone more time and resources for the crafting of magic items, as well.
Cool. Previously, you said that it would be hard to make an item found in the MIC, is that still true? If yes, would it be hard to just buy an item? Also, I was just curious about the low cash decision. It it just your style? Is it to compensate for all the magic we have? Maybe something else? I was just wondering, I'm not fighting it or anything.

KerlanRayne

Leif

Adventurer
KerlanRayne said:
Cool. Previously, you said that it would be hard to make an item found in the MIC, is that still true? If yes, would it be hard to just buy an item? Also, I was just curious about the low cash decision. It it just your style? Is it to compensate for all the magic we have? Maybe something else? I was just wondering, I'm not fighting it or anything.
KerlanRayne
OOC: Go ahead and make MIC items if you meet the prereqs. About the low cash thing: it's partially kinda unintentional, kinda my style, I guess, and, really, I just can't imagine what you could be wanting to spend that much money to buy. You can make lots of magic, and you should have a little extra xp to play with in that respect, and you've got plenty of gold to buy the materials you need (I think?). Plus, it's also because I'm not bothering to keep up with daily costs of life, or what income you have, either, for that matter. And since when did Graduate Assistant jobs pay that well, anyway? :) Anyway, mainly, it's because I just pulled those numbers out of my head this morning. If somebody has a major problem with it, tell me what and why and we'll see......

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Again, the DM relents

Ok, ok, ok, let's make it an even 5,000 gp instead of 2,500. (That still may not be quite what would be expected, but it is a 100% increase, after all.

J. Alexander

First Post
Since your Relenting

Hmmmmm since your relenting how about 5th level to match the 5000gp and you could add in three or four feats,,,a souped up familar and give everone a staff of the magi :)..

Leif

Adventurer
"Relenting" not "Rolling Over"

J. Alexander said:
Hmmmmm since your relenting how about 5th level to match the 5000gp and you could add in three or four feats,,,a souped up familar and give everone a staff of the magi :)..
I think that I've already been more than generous, thank you very much, so let's NOT push it, shall we?? Anyway, the Staff of the Magi is now an item of Artifact status, so it is presumably now intended to be a one-of-a-kind thing. The best you could reasonably hope for is, I think, a Staff of Power, but that may be an artifact, too, come to think of it. And, anyway, even if it isn't, the answer is still a resounding NO!!!!!

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Just a small question. What about combining items? Can we do it as described in the MIC? It might alter my item decisions.

PS - 5,000 would bring us a tad over 4th level, which is exactly where we are. It's very appreciated. :D

EDIT: Intelligence changes don't change skill points retroactively do they? (I mean in this game, I know they don't normally)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases