Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

Bront

The man with the probe
The Tower's Shard
In Clifftop, a few blocks from the famous Clifftop Adventurer's guild, lies a popular spot called The Tower's Shard. The common street wisdom is that the Tower's Shard is a brewery and inn whose owner was a rich adventurer who died in the war and left the establishment to his servant, a warforged named Brews.

Brews, in little need of money, ran the establishment in the will of his former master. The tavern has loose policies on weapons, wands, and other adventuring gear, which combined with a discount for adventurers who can tell a good tale makes the Tower's Shard a popular stop for rising adventurers who are low on coin but high on spirit and eager to pursue conversation with other adventurers.

True to his name, Brews is a master brewer, and is widely known for his Grilled Red Herring, and a special mixed drink he calls the McGuffin. Brews quite enjoys listening to tales of adventure, and he is able to sit and listen to adventurers' old war stories for hours on end and remain fascinated, a quality which endears him to the more long-winded sort of adventurers particularly.

Important Links
The Character Thread
The Tower's Shard I
The Tower's Shard II

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I'd like to hear about that evil mucus. Sounds terrible, but it could prove useful in a trap design I'm working on."

Balnibar clears his throat. "As long as it isn't too evil, I suppose."

Solange

First Post
"It had something to do with the Delkers, or something like that," Lily said. "We were able to pull them out just fine, but I don't think they would have lasted too much longer if we hadn't."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Balnibar gleams. "Well, I'm a Jiminyblivet. We Jiminyblivets have been in the dungeon design business for centuries. Sure, a lot of them happen naturally, ruins, caves, and the like. However, when a certain special customer needs a twisting maze and diabolical traps to protect something, they turn to us. We go in, set up traps, help out in ecologies, bore out the side of a mountain, all the things people need. In the end, the customer gets a challenging fortress worthy of the name Jiminyblivet.

Myself, my specialties are in traps and weaponry. But I'm still quite new to the whole business--my greatest work to date was a barn rigged to fall and crush a giant monster. So, I'm testing myself in the field, exposing myself to others' work. One day... I hope to be a master designer, able to craft such wonders as the Diabolical Vault of d'Kundarak!"

Balnibar coughs. "I've probably rambled on a bit much, though. How about you, Michael? What convinces you to risk life and limb?"

Remove ads