Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl Rutherford is sipping his ale when the word map is uttered, "maps?' he gets up and walks to the table of rather odd fellows (half orcs and elves in the same room and not haveing weapns aimed at each other...that is a bit odd..., he thinks) and sees the map being rolled up. it is obvious he weilds a bow and has some light weapons on his person. his studded leaather creaks a bit when he bows to all at the table, "Karl Rutherford, explorer, at your service. Did i hear something about a map? I am not the best fighter up front, but maps, traps and long distance whacks are my specialties. " the last was accentuated by him patting his bow.

Wik

First Post
Possum's halfling ears perk up at the word "Map" and she leans in.

"Too many chefs spoil the stew, as everyone says... but I can at least take a look at this map of yours. I tend to pick up a lot of loose information. Maybe I can help."

OOC: Possum is more than willing to tag along. She's a 2nd level halfling cleric. If you don't need her, at least use her various Knowledge skills to help you out.

jaker2003

Explorer
Responding to Karl, "Ah, an archer, excellent."
After hearing Possum's offer, Oskar likewise shows her the map.
InVinoVeritas said:
The map is purged of curls and stains. The tears and creases disappear, leaving it in much better shape. It is still faded, and it is still covered in poorly preserved writing in some language that is indecipherable to Oskar, Barask, or Lily. Only the words ARTIFACT HERE, written in common, are legible.
"We cannot read nearly any of the text, nor does anyone recognize the area depicted."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
(OOC: The party will be Oskar, Lily, Barask, Dianna, Vindala, Possum, and Karl, it looks like. That will be plenty. I'll get the official thread up and started. Please be patient; I have a lot of work right now.

Karl, are you approved? You're welcome to tag along XP-free until you are--it shouldn't be too long, just make sure the judges have the email link to the character in the thread.)

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Possum studies the map a moment. The language is unfamiliar, and the letters are still too faded and incomplete to fully understand it. Clearly a Make Whole spell is needed to restore the map to its fully readable condition.

She notes, however, that the roads and circles on the map are very unfamiliar. The circles are arranged in two lines of four, all only slightly askew from being in straight lines. Could these be villages? Landmarks? It is hard to tell.

Definitely, a trip to a local higher-up might help. Following the map with Uncle Spider's help should be easy--this would be something both for the Law of Salvage and the Law of Hospitality.

Last edited:

jaker2003

Explorer
[sblock=InVinoVeritas]Dianna's player is my sister, I don't think she has final approval either. I told her to email the judges a reminder email with a link to her character (the first post of the character thread has the same suggestion).[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
InVinoVeritas said:
(OOC: .....Karl, are you approved? You're welcome to tag along XP-free until you are--it shouldn't be too long, just make sure the judges have the email link to the character in the thread.)

i have one approval...i need two, right? as soon as i see the thread, i will put a link in the character thread...and thanks!

Wik

First Post
Possum looks at the map, squints, and grumbles. "You shouldn't leave a treasure such as this in your pocket. You've pretty much ruined it already."

She blows a stray hair out from in front of her face. "Luckily, I think there's a way we can restore it. I don't know the magic myself, but I'm sure we can find someone who could cast it for us. And I'd be more than willing to pay for that myself - I'm curious to see where this map leads, provided you'll have me."

(OOC - We can totally hit the road, and pay for that Make Whole Spell. Also, Possum has some money to put towards a wand of CLW, but I think some donations towards it would be nice.)

jaker2003

Explorer
Wik said:
(OOC - We can totally hit the road, and pay for that Make Whole Spell. Also, Possum has some money to put towards a wand of CLW, but I think some donations towards it would be nice.)
OOC: A wand of cure light wounds costs 750gp. Maybe mention buying one when we get some loot? Oskar only has 74 gp, anyway.

Remove ads