Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

LesserSky

First Post
OOC:
I think some knowledge checks would be helpful at this point. Especially Knowledge(Local) and Knowledge(History). Barask doesn't have any ranks in either one of these.

Barask is willing to go out and make some Gather Information checks, but that strategy mostly depends on beating down the inevitable robbers that will try to steal the treasure map the big, dumb orc was blathering about, then asking them how they intended to find the treasure.

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar sets his jaw, "Very well, I'm going to look for someone to fully restore this map and then follow it to it's end. Who is with me?" Oskar eyes Barask meaningfully.

Last edited:

LesserSky

First Post
Barask - Orc Barbarian

jaker2003 said:
Oskar sets his jaw, "Very well, I'm going to look for someone to fully restore this map and then follow it to it's end. Who is with me?" Oskar eyes Barask meaningfully.

"I want to find the treasure."

OOC: Scan away.

thegreyman

First Post
"I will help, if you would like me to..." Lily agrees.

[sblock=jaker2003]I understand if Oskar might have reservations about it, so don't worry if you can't adventure with her. I fully intend for her to make it over to good, but she's just not that type of kobold, (yet). You won't hurt my feelings. :D [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl Rutherford, unapproved at this time

]ooc[ to the treasure hunters...
i wish i can join you with a Skills character (read: rogue), but i am afraid that i won't get it approved in time.]/ooc[

scott dewar

]edit[ ]ooc[of course, if it is alright with the judges and dm, i could play a character until approved...i just won't get any xp until then...]/ooc[ ]/edit[

]edit[]ooc[i have submitted this charact4r, so he is awaiting approval:]/ooc[

the sound of a breying mule form outside followed by a man's voice in a soothing tone is heared from outside. a few seconds later a somewhat short human (5'8") walks in wearing clothing that is ruggudly build. his appearence is mostly clean, but a bit dislhelved as if he has been traveling on paved roads he looks about as he closes the taver door behind him, his eyes resting on the sign stating the rule that he speak his name.

"Name's Karl Rutherford, explorer...from up the road a bit."

He walks to the bar and nods his head in greeting while setting his pack on the floor at his feet. "take some strong ale if'n ya please. How much? Oh...free...wow, thanks. " he then sits at the bar letting his eyes wander around slowly, taking in the occupants and notices.

Last edited:

Gobletchica

First Post
Wik said:
Approached by two individuals almost simultaneously, Galwynn is taken aback a bit. "I... I... I didn't expect it to be desired so much... Um..."

He takes a step back and looks at both candidates. He frowns at the Orc, remembering some of the trials in his past, and smiles upon the woman, as she vaguely reminds him of a brave warrior-woman who taught him to fight when he was younger.

Appraising both for a long moment, Galwynn looks up at the roof. "You send an Orc, and you send a woman in your appearance? Is this... a test?" He mutters quietly, underneath his breath.

Finally, he scowls and fishes a coin out of his belt pouch. He scores one side of the coin with a dagger, and says "the side with the knife mark is the orc's side".

Coin Flip = 1: Dianna, 2: Barask (1d2=1)

When the flip indicates Dianna, Galwynn shrugs, and hands the chainmail armour over to her. "It'll probably fit you better, anyways. Wear it with pride, and never fight against Halina's teachings while it safeguards you."

Galwynn turns towards Barask. "Sorry. But, truth be told, I'm glad she got it over you. There's something about protecting an orc from harm that just doesn't sit well with me. Nothing personal."

Galwynn walks over and joins his friends.

Dianna smiles at Galwynn as she thanks him for the chainmail.

Gobletchica

First Post
jaker2003 said:
Dianna responds to Oskar's question with a smile. "I'll go with you."

jaker2003

Explorer
OOC: So we have Oskar, Barask, Lily, and Dianna.
Is everyones' characters approved and ready to go?
Scott DeWar, I didn't find your character in the Official Character Thread, you know you have to post it there for LEW judges to review it, right?

Oskar smiles and rolls up the map, I think we have some treasure hunters.
OOC: Hint, hint for late-comers.

Remove ads