Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

LesserSky

First Post
Barask - Illiterate Orc Barbarian

InVinoVeritas said:
The map is purged of curls and stains. The tears and creases disappear, leaving it in much better shape. It is still faded, and it is still covered in poorly preserved writing in some language that is indecipherable to Oskar, Barask, or Lily. Only the words ARTIFACT HERE, written in common, are legible.

Barask stares at the little kobold, then asks, "What does it say? Where is the treasure?"

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy takes a large gulp from the mug Joe presses into his hand and stands up. "You're right, Rapture. We'd better go after him. No telling what might happen... Fimble, I, er... well, you won't take Keldar too seriously, I hope? Ever since that fight with the earth elemental," Tommy pantomimes several sharp blows to the head, "he... well, to be honest, he wasn't any different before. Right. Um, we really should go after him. We'll come back when we've learned what we can about this seal, and I hope we can find you here again. I suspect the trail of Thyrin's thieves will lead to Fallon before long, and your counsel will be welcome."

With that, Tommy sweeps out the door in a flurry of robes, still clutching his mug.

thegreyman

First Post
Lily perks up a little while examining the scrawled text "If someone could cast the spell comprehend languages for us, they could tell us what this says." Then she visible deflates "I don't know that spell though..."

Robichaud

Explorer
A short, wiry elf enters through the front door. She's dressed in greys, going only lightly armed; all she's carrying is a shortsword that's nonchalantly not quite, and therefore not at all hidden under a cheap, threadbare overcloak, whose real purpose seems to be catching the droppings from the raven that's solidly perched on her shoulder.

From behind the bar, Joe gives her a meaningful look, and for a moment, her badly scarred face twists into a grimace - then she turns towards the people assembled, and speaks hoarsely. "..Friends. I am Jamilee. Warrior, wizard in training."

From her shoulder, the raven agrees with a loud Quork.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Gurdek shrugs. "Not a clue, sorry. The ink is still too faded to really tell. The Mending was a good start, but it might take higher magic to fully restore the writing--I know temples might be able to do that. Also, the writing? I think I've seen the alphabet before, it's not too rare of a language, but it's nothing that we speak around here. Get together whoever you need and seek out a temple or a sage who might be able to figure out the details."

Remove ads