Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Kenku17

First Post
"An interesting tale of adventure if I may say" Will says as he listens to Semabin's story. "I only hope that my coming adventures are somewhat like that."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Well, that ettercap stew came from somewhere. But now that you mention it - two orcs, I believe, due to a misunderstanding, the ettercap, and some spiders... I think that's it. We didn't kill particularly many enemies." Semabin seems thoughtful, as if not quite sure whether to be proud of his low body count or not. "I guess I've met more strange people than I've met deadly enemies."

Kenku17

First Post
jaker2003 said:
"Three bodies and some bugs!?" Tankard complains.

"I'm just itching to kill something" he says while looking around the room.

"As long as I don't have to put together a crime report for it go ahead" Will says as he laughs.

jaker2003

Explorer
Tankard fingers the handle of his greatsword, "I guess you won't be expected to write anything if I kill you."
Tankard wraps his hand around the handle and pulls the sword an inch from the sheathe before laughing aloud and droping his fists to the table. Tankard grins and drinks more.

Jason_Dementia

First Post
Jason saunters into the bar, looking left, looking right. He has the look on his face of a barmaid who found a platinum cleaning by chance, and now gives herself airs because she is so much richer than all her peers. He grins as he plops into a seat, a somewhat childish grin. His new clothes look like they're just off the rack. They also look like a cheap knockoff of a noblemans clothing, one any fool could see was a generic version.

"Barkeep" He says, sliding his hands across the wood of the bar. "I want a flaming dwarven. I want it absolutely FLAMING when I'm drinking it."He chuckles to himself. "Make it two, hells, I've got all day. But Not at once. Stagger em, so's I dont get to staggering later, if you catch my drift. Maybe a meatpie too. How're your meatpies? Don't poison me with a too crispy crust, and for the gods sake, don't make it soggy! Just in between, like a crunchy...soggy...hybrid of a crust. Croggy, that's the ticket."He nods sagely.

what I need, he thinks, is something to doooooo around here.

Something interesting. Something that didn't remind him of his languoring about in a dozen other out-of-the way towns with nothing better to do than try to make smalltalk than a nameless barkeep.

Leaning back on the bar, he thinks about a way to entertain himself.

Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
A well dressed human strides into the bar and walks directly up to the bar across from Joe. He leans forward and talks softly to the barkeep before passing over a small washed leather pouch.

He then turns to face the patrons and begins to speak. His voice is clipped and precise, almost as if he doesn't want to waste words. "My name is Regis Hilamar, and I am here on behalf of my master Zel Thanas of Medibaria and the Council. My master requires the aid of a few brave and stout persons of a good demeanor to retrieve an object for the Council. This task should not be too dangerous, but will require some travel. However, I am also informed that due to the peculiar nature of the task itself, only those who are more junior in their professions should apply. I am only authorized for up to three individuals. If you would like more information, please come see me." And with that, he walks over to an open corner table and sits, arranging his cloak around him. He folds his hands, and places them neatly on the table before him. A barmaid sets a glass of water on the table beside him, but he doesn't pay her any attention, keeping his gaze fixated on the group of adventurers.

-------------------------------------

ooc: This an adventure hook for 1st or 2nd level adventurers (with a preference towards 1st). It is an extended adventure and (a minor) part of the Mega-adventure.

Last edited:

Kenku17

First Post
thegreyman said:
A well dressed human strides into the bar and walks directly up to the bar across from Joe. He leans forward and talks softly to the barkeep before passing over a small washed leather pouch.

He then turns to face the patrons and begins to speak. His voice is clipped and precise, almost as if he doesn't want to waste words. "My name is Regis Hilamar, and I am here on behalf of my master Zel Thanas of Monemvassia and the Council. My master requires the aid of a few brave and stout persons of a good demeanor to retrieve an object for the Council. This task should not be too dangerous, but will require some travel. However, I am also informed that due to the peculiar nature of the task itself, only those who are more junior in their professions should apply. I am only authorized for up to three individuals. If you would like more information, please come see me." And with that, he walks over to an open corner table and sits, arranging his cloak around him. He folds his hands, and places them neatly on the table before him. A barmaid sets a glass of water on the table beside him, but he doesn't pay her any attention, keeping his gaze fixated on the group of adventurers.

William walks over to Regis from the bar "Its a pleasure to meet you Mr Hilamar" he says trying his best to be polite. "I had heard you were looking for help in retrieving an object, and I was wondering if I could help in doing that"

Remove ads