Some maps & artwork from my campaign.

Kris

Adventurer
You need to do more of them... I really like them. Eventually, I'm going to print them out so I always have a quick battlemap/tile if my PCs enter some generic houses!

Cheers, LT.
Yeah, that's on the to-do list :D ...it's just that right now, I'm going through a bit of a miniatures painting fad - so that's keeping me busy :)

However, I do plan on working on a new town map soon - and when I draw out these settlements I usually have an idea (at least a sketch) of what the interior of each building looks like ...just 'cause I'm kinda strange like that.

So new ones are forthcoming - as the idea behind the new map would be to actually cross-reference each building this time with a corresponding interior layout (of this style). I know that sounds like a tall order, but a lot of regular houses would be of a similar shape and size - and thus, one interior map could cover dozens within the town itself.

In fact , you can see I did something similar with the following village (which I posted some time back):
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/csp_kris/condeltun.jpg

...and if you look carefully you will see that most of the buildings shown there can be represented by the layouts shown on the following pages of my website:
http://www.enworld.org/CrookedStaffProductions/page3.html

Last edited:

Kris

Adventurer
Wow! ...I can't believe it's been so long since I added to this thread... so I guess it's time for some minor thread necromancy :)

First off, I have redone some of the shield designs I posted previously as I wasn't 100% happy with them. Hopefully these new ones look a little better:

emblems.jpg

I've also been tinkering with a new style of settlement map... basically a kind of mix between the full colour ones and the parchment style ones that I've done previously.

cotstow.jpg

Overall, I'm quite happy with it :)

Storn

Explorer
A real mixed bag of stuff this time around.

First up, a map I did in a quick and dirty method. It is for a Burning Wheel solo game that I'm in with Judd aka Paka. Scanned pencils for most of the geographical features. Lettering done in Photoshop with the Dragonbones font from Blambot. The coloring done in Painter, primarily with a "wet oil" brush... which gives it a bit of funky texture which I like, then the wet blender tool to mush stuff around a bit, like in the hills, mtns. Hope you like.

13Cities72.jpg

Here is a link to a higher resolution:
http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/114/d/f/13_Cities_by_Storn_Cook.jpg

Here is the link to Blambot. Has wonderful fonts. I've even bought a couple.

Blambot Comic Fonts and Lettering

Then, here is Judd's b-day present. Pencils that I'm giving to him, but I'm gonna work this up as a sample. This is from an incident in our Saturday D&D game, with Melech the Red there backstabbing a green dragon to great effect. I'm told. I wasn't there, darn it. (Actually, I was having a wonderful time visiting Millie's daughter Anaiis in PA with Millie)

I am going to try and keep track of the interim steps and post them as I get them done on this project. Although, since it is a for-me project, it is not a higher priority.

MelvsGr72.jpg

And lastly, another superhero, this time another character from RDU, The Silencer. A PC that I don't *think* I ever played with. The player Geoff was in a different group than mine at that time. RDU Neil ran multiple groups and we all kinda mixed and matched as needed for logistics, schedules and campaign compatibility. Now, I am in an online game with Geoff's Speedball as part of the Mavericks.

Silencer72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Remove ads