Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock]
Ambrus said:
OOC: If Cordel doesn't seem to understand Sylvan, the dragon will repeat its missive in Hethon. It's fun to play an NPC; they have more fun!

Ah, but you found a tough nut there :D[/sblock]

The wizards stops in his track and a faint smile linger on his lips. You can't read his face, but after a moment of thought looks up...and you suppress a sigh of relief, because for a moment you feared that he was looking at you. Cordel replies, speaking in sylvan. His accent is not very good, and his pronunciation is a little bit clumsy: it is obvious that he isn't really fluent in this language. First of all, I'd like to offer my excuses, because if I had known that there were spirits protecting this place, I would have certains sought them to offer my regards. I can't help but wonder, however, if this place is sacred and everyone gets warned after a second incursion, how is it that no one speaks about it? Besides, there are families living in this forests, and other people who often walk by here. They certainly are either forgiven for their signs, or warned...but as the second option is out of question...word would have reached Reolth by now...I think it's the first one.

The humans starts pacing around, and speaking to the air. His two bodyguards regard him with a little bit of curiosity, but they don't seem to be really surprised by the fact that he is speaking with no one.

So, I am that important and molest? Well, the second description is given to me by many people, certainly. He frowns, and goes on. So. Let's be honest with it. I don't think that you rappresent the entirety of spirits that inhabit this forest. However, I respect your will to defend it...but I'm not your enemy. I'm neither carrying an axe, and I'm not interested in hunting.

Ambrus

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Nightbreeze said:
Ah, but you found a tough nut there :D
I'm not certain if you understood my intent. I meant that, in this case, Cordel is the PC (a human wizard on a quest to find ruins) and my dragon is the mysterious NPC spouting boxed-text at him. :p [/sblock]The camouflaged dragon tries to piece together the wizard's somewhat disjointed and convoluted response before offering him its thoughts. ((The humans who forage and hunt within our domain are native born. Their grandfathers made peace with the Elder Spirits of these woods long ago. They may forage and hunt with our blessings as long as they keep the balance and show respect in their toil.

But you wizard are not of these people or this place, nor were your grandfathers. You carry neither axe nor bow, yet your hands are not empty for you wield wizardry as both tool and weapon. If you would claim both remorse for your trespasses and amity with the Spirits, then we would ask of you again; who are you and what do you seek within our domain?))

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock]
Ambrus said:
[sblock=OOC]I'm not certain if you understood my intent. I meant that, in this case, Cordel is the PC (a human wizard on a quest to find ruins) and my dragon is the mysterious NPC spouting boxed-text at him. :p [/sblock]
Ah, culpa mea, I though you were saying how fun is it to make fun of NPCs :D
[/sblock]

The wizard smiles in reply to the tiny predator's question, and speaks again.
Of course, silly me. I am Corder Sheltefrond, a wizard from the tower of Odaskar. The reason for my presence in the forest, as for now, is quite simple: I am just taking a walk. As for why I am in town, and why I could enter the forest again, that is another, and longer story. Besides, if you questioned the others, you may already know their intent, and thus you can deduce mine. As for you, spirit, how should I adress you?

Ambrus

Explorer
This was the dragon's first direct conversation with a human, and so far couldn't claim to be relishing the experience. The wyrmling was developing a growing dislike for the smug and evasive wizard. ((We give voice to the concerns of the Forest's Spirits and have no other name to offer for we have never had need of one. We are aware of other recent interlopers and grow perturbed by your increasing numbers. So we ask you a third and final time Corder Sheltefrond, wizard of the tower of Odaskar; what do you seek within our domain?))

Nightbreeze

First Post
As the you convey your message, the wizard's eyes harden and you can see an unusual, steely resolve in them. It is the first time that he abbandons his constantly amused behaviour. He also for the first time replies via thoughts ((Those who are intruding in this forest are loyal to a men who in turn works for someone who shall not succeed in his goals. They shall not find the ruins of Arket'sa, or if they find them, they shall find them empty and void of anything that may bring knowledge and power to their master. This is why I am here, spirit rappresenting the nature. And you shall choose wisely the amount of your enemies, because they are already many, but you risk rising their numbers. Intimidation and menace often provoke negative effects)).. You notice a subtle twitch of his fingers, and the face of his female bodyguard tenses. After a moment, however, she relaxes, while her companion continues in staring indifferently into the void.

Ambrus

Explorer
The diminutive dragon regards the wizard's unusually passive companions with curiosity before offering the threatening wizard its thoughts. ((You would do well to heed your own thoughts Corder Sheltefrond, wizard of the tower of Odaskar. The Elder Spirits have held these woodlands in demesne for far longer than your tower or civilization have stood and so are not easily cowed by mortal beings.

You seek to seize ancient knowledge and power for yourself and to deny the same to your enemies; that is the way of your kind. Your wizardly rivalries are of no concern to us. Take heed that you do not carry your conflict with you as you enter our domain. Any who disregard our sovereignty or who despoil our realm risk provoking the ire of the Elder Spirits.))

Nightbreeze

First Post
The wizard easily puts on his indifferent and a little bit irritating smug face, and sends again his thoughts ((The forest may be yours, but Arket'sa was built by humans, and humans shall reclaim it's legacy. If our rivalries are no concern to you, then you should be interested in them only if they damage the woods. Just keep in mind who are the responsables, and don't extend your retaliation to anyone.))

Ambrus

Explorer
Having said it's peace, the hidden dragon does not deign to respond to the wizards final words. The wyrmling simply remains intertwined with the oak branch upon which it is perched and waits to see what the three humans will do next.

OOC: The dragon will trail the trio from a safe distance if they enter the forest, but remain behind if they instead choose to return to the village.

Nightbreeze

First Post
The wizard waits a couple of minutes for a response, but when no though flies to his mind, he raises an eyebrow
Was that all? Ok then, see you soon, spirit of the forest.
He heads for the village, and you suddenly get the uneasy feeling that he was expecting a contact with someone and came here this afternoon for that specific reason.
His bodyguard have a final look around and then follow their master.

Ambrus

Explorer
The diminutive dragon watches in silence as the three humans head back together across the fallow fields towards the village. Uncoiling itself sinuously, the wyrmling ponders what it should do next. It is tempted to continue spying on the wizards just as it is anxious to explore the ruins, but the wyrmling has already spent many hours hunting for food, eavesdropping on humans and skulking around the nearby village. The mottled dragon is not yet fully recovered from its winter lethargy and so is already quite weary. Undertaking a long flight in search of distant ruins this late in the day seems an untenable prospect.

Dropping from its perch, the diminutive dragon catches the wind in its outstretched wings and falls into a dive to quickly attain flight speed. A few strong downbeats break its fall just above the forest floor. The newly sprouting ferns stir at the wyrmling's swift passage above. Stopping periodically to drink melt-water from shallow pools, the small mottled dragon slowly makes its way back towards the outcrop of rock housing its hidden lair. Climbing up from the forest floor with a series of powerful down-strokes, the wyrmling alights softly on the stone lip of the cave mouth. Unconsciously, its scales loose their greenish saturation until they are a drab gray. Opening its extra set of transparent eyelids, the diminutive dragon adjusts its sight to the dark interior before preceeding inside.

Last edited:

Remove ads