Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood

Ambrus

Explorer
Coiled upon a branch, the stealthy wyrmling shifts in hue to a drab gray-brown for added camouflage as it peers around the area and tastes the air curiously. This is the first time that one of the wizards has entered the forest, seemingly alone. Settling in, the dragon observes the melancholy woman for awhile before reaching out with its mind to brush her consciousness lightly; curious to feel her sadness directly. Eventually the dragon grows bold enough to offer the lone woman it's thoughts in Sylvan ((Twice now have you entered into our Woodland Realm. Know that this is a sacred place held in demesne by its Elder Spirits. Your tribute of tears has seeped into our soil and so will bring new life to the woodlands. Pray tell us wizardess who you are and what has brought you to us.))

Nightbreeze

First Post
The startled woman straightens her back and looks around frightened. Then she quickly wipes the tears out of her face and tries to grow a neutral expression, but you can see that she is quite bothered by the fact that someone has been observing her. With a tinge of panic and anger in her voice, she replies Who is there? Who are you? Are you spying on me? Let me see you!

Ambrus

Explorer
The hidden dragon offers the startled woman its thoughts calmly in Sylvan. ((We give voice to the concerns of the Forest's Spirits and have no other name to offer for we have never had need of one. You have been in our company and gazing out upon our expanse for some time now. We have tasted your tears and in turn have watched over you while you were lost in reverie.))

Nightbreeze

First Post
Her eyes throw angry flashes and the startled look is substituted by a little bit dangerous one. Oh, I sure feel at ease now that you say you have been spying me for some time. How educated. Her fist is shacking and she looks ready to attack verbally. Now, you have very little time to convince me that I should speak with you any further. and the young woman starts gathering her things.

You feel that she is an emotional type of woman, quite the opposite of her companion and senior. She is probably telling the truth: she is really upset and is not tolerating your tone.

Ambrus

Explorer
The diminutive dragon is puzzled by the woman's reaction; it is nearly convinced that wizards' are absurd examples of humankind. ((We are spirits of the forest. We have gazed upon you just as you have gazed upon us since you entered into our woodland expanse. Neither requires absolution for both are inevitable.))

Nightbreeze

First Post
The frustrated woman switches to Hethon, and lowers her voice into an angry hiss "Only problem is, I didn't hide myself, and I don't conceal my presence when I am speaking with you. And now manifest yourself, or just stop bothering me. You invaded my personal feelings, and you'd better behave yourself far better from now on if you want any constructive communication"

Nightbreeze

First Post
The wizardess stares silently for some seconds, than slowly nods and with a plain voice says:I don't think so. I don't feel your presence and power through the telepathic link. You are just a single person or being, and you are lying to me. I won't tolerate it anymore. She calmly starts collecting her things and heading down from the hill.

You think that she felt outraged for the intrusion in her private thoughts, and now she is even more angered by the lie (you don't really know how she detected it, but it is true that you are not expert liar). However, she would be maybe willing to still listen to you.

Ambrus

Explorer
The concealed dragon is at a loss to understand how the female wizard had seen through its deception so easily. Did she have prior experience in speaking with forest spirits against which to compare this experience. It chooses to ignore her accusations for the time being to carry out its self-appointed task. ((Regardless of what you believe, we have not interrupted your reverie without cause. We speak to you to convey the knowledge that this forest's Elder Spirit grow restless from the casual incursions of wizards.

We know you seek to seize ancient knowledge and power for yourself and to deny the same to your enemies; that is the way of your kind. Your wizardly rivalries are of no concern to us. Take heed that you do not carry your conflict with you as you enter our domain. Any who disregard our sovereignty or who despoil our realm risk provoking the ire of the Elder Spirits.))

Nightbreeze

First Post
The wizards heads down, towards the city, and coldly replies: That is no concern to me. I have no interest in the forests, whoever you are. And for all I know, you are one of those "thieving wizards", based in Esthrar. You have been pretty excited by the arrival of Corel here, because you have heard rumors about him.. Well, dear idiot, do what you want. But I pity you: seems that you are too scared by a wizard graduated 2 years ago, and you are trying to hit him on a weak spot. Well, you got everything wrong: I am just a senior apprentice, and by no mean his ally. Now, get away, and hope that I don't tell him about you...who knows, he may even underestand who you are by your way of speech...nothing is impossible, when he is involved.

You seem to remember that Esthrar is another village five miles from here on the north. She actually seems uninterested in your warnings, and you think that it is sincere when she says that she is out of this affair. There is a tone of bitterness in her voice when she speaks about Cordel, and you can almost hear a little bit of envy.

Last edited:

Remove ads