Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Glad to have you back. Just so you know however, my dragon had no need to hunt before nightfall since it had just eaten before flying out to the ruins. Might I also ask that you make more frequent mention of the passage of time? As is I keep getting caught off guard by how quickly time seems to pass. By my reckoning, my dragon started digging through the sacks of grain only in the mid to late afternoon.

Before the reptilian creature can get too close, the dragon snakes its barbed tail high into the air, flushes its scales to a menacing red, opens its fanged maw to hiss threateningly. The posturing wyrm offers the creature a mental warning in common: ((Stay back! I have a poisonous sting! What are you?))

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: yeah, I sometimes advance time too quickly, a fault of mine. btw, a thought occurred in me: iirc, a creature with telepathy can speak with creatures that don't share any language...so telepathy doesn't use language, wasn't that true?

The reptilian creature stands in awe when it hears your mental warning and his brownish eyes reveal utter terror. Then it crumbles in a trembling bow and replies: "Please don't hurt Misskri, master! Please don't tell other masters where Misskri hides! Misskri won't steal food anymore! Please please please!"

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Some telepathic creatures can communicate with anyone regardless of language, but the pseudodragon's entry in the MM specifically states that it can only do so in Common or Sylvan. I think everyone would agree however, that that should be extended to include any languages the pseudodragon knows; not just Common and Sylvan.

The small hissing dragon calms somewhat once the creature begins groveling shamelessly. ((Very well Misskri. I won't tell the other Masters about your thefts, but you have to help me in exchange. Do you agree?))

Nightbreeze

First Post

well, I'll ask the others and see if they would really agree...yeah, they agree that it should be extended :) Aah...time for the shameless bluff, I see.

Misskri, trembling, replies: Misskri will try to do his best, master. Please don't punish Misskri if Misskri fails.

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Others? Who are the others? And who's bluffing?

The dragon slowly lowers its barbed tail as it slowly peers around the chamber. ((Very well Misskri. I'm not familiar with this area. Tell me; where are we and with is near to this place?))

Nightbreeze

First Post
The common that Misskri uses is flawed and quite difficult to understand, as if he has never spoken it it, only heard others speak in it.

This is the old area where the stone-spawners stashed their food-makings, master. It hasn't been used since the other masters, the karin-kushol and we chased them away. The tunnel leading here collapsed, but Misskri can still pass. No one has found Misskri here, since Misskri had to run away, but Misskri hungry, master!!! Misskri has to go and take food form the karin-kushol and he risk being found. But Misskri only takes thrown away food, master, please don't punish Misskri for stealing from servant of the masters, please!!!

Ambrus

Explorer
The small dragon tries to puzzle through what Misskri has told it as well as what the odd reptilian humanoid has left unstated. The wyrmling hardly has need of its telepathic abilities to feel the creature's sincerity and genuine fear. There were so many questions it wanted answered, but the curious dragon knew it had to be patient with the simple creature. [/I]((I haven't punished you yet Misskri. Your answers please me so far. Tell me more about the stone-spawners, the karin kushol and your own people Misskri. When were the others chased away?))[/I]

OOC: Can you please describe the chamber? I have no clue what it looks like in this place. Also, does my dragon know anything about Kobolds? Can it identify Misskri as one?

Nightbreeze

First Post
The chamber is quite small, actually: it seems that you came up from the deposit of sacks. It was clearly built by intelligent creatures, as it is almost perfectly cubical (15ft x 15ft x 10ft). However, there is nothing else in this dark chamber, aside of you, Misskri, a bunch of dirty blankets on the floor and some small bones, no doubt rests of whatever food he stealed.

Misskri replies with a trembling voice: "The stone spawners were he master, when we arrived. The karin kushor drove them away, because we were many and they are few. All of them fled down deep, down deep, where we don't want to go. However the karin kushol said that we will go there, down deep, down deep. The karin kushol are big and strong, and their urgrins speak with masters and use powers. Masters make urgrins power grow and they are able to help their warriors. We have to go out, take food and make sure that no one comes nearby. However days ago, days ago, days ago some human came, and one of them managed to escape. The karin kushol very angry, but we said that the human certainly died in the cold. But then Grriskim saw several humans near, and so the human must have lived. Grriskim was stupid and told that to the karin kushol, and they got angry with Misskri and the others, and they killed severl. Misskri escaped and has been hiding since then. But Misskri will get back and serve faithfully, if Master allows it. Please, Master, please, when you speak with the other masters say that Misskri is good and useful, please!"

ooc: nope, sorry. you don't know what kobolds. Misskri is one of the sub-species of kobolds that exist on Anarenn, but I have significally changed them, both in characteristics and in background (the changes in dragons provoke a chain of changes that sweeps on almost any manual)

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: So the "room" is a vertical shaft nearly 30-ft high, but with the lower 20-ft filled with sacks of grain. Is that right? And the floor we're standing on is actually the top of the pile of sacks? Is there's some kind of door or passage leading out of this room?

The diminutive dragon listens intently while trying to make sense of what Misskri is trying to explain, but with little luck so far. ((You are good and useful Misskri. Now tell me; what do the stone spawners, the karin kushor and the masters look like? How big are they and how many of them are there?))

Nightbreeze

First Post
ooc: yep, you got that right. there's an opening, not on the walls however: on the ceiling. It leads out, and you suppose that Misskri has to clomb it in order to get out of here.

The trembling poor creature replies to your questions, and after a while you manage to get a coherent description: The stone spawners are humanoid-looking creature with grey skin and a lot of hair-facial and not. They don't have eyes, but they can see, and they can travel trough stone. They are dangerous, but they are few and the karin kushol defeated them. the karin kushol are similar in aspect to misskri, but they are much bigger and stronger than him. Also, some of them are ugrins, and they have magical power

You don't manage to get anything coherent about the so-called masters. They seem to give orders to the ugrins, and therefore to both the karin-kushol and the creatures like Misskri. Misskri is afraid of speaking with them. You think that they resemble you in some way, if he mistook you for one of them, and it seems that sometimes a new master appears, and this is why he was not absolutely surprised by you appearing in this room. Otherwise, the master never let the inferior creatures see them.

Remove ads