Anarenn: Rise of the ancient blood

Ambrus

Explorer
The diminutive dragon slowly begins to gain a clearer image of those beings now living in the ruins and its recent history. The fact that Misskri also seems to be somewhat familiar with dragonkind does not escape the wyrmling. The curious creature delves deeper into the topic, projecting more questions into the larger reptilian's mind. ((So Misskri, what do you call your own kind; those who are smaller than the karin kushol? How many are there of your kind and of the karin kushol here? And how is it that you recognized me as a master? How could you tell what I was?))

Nightbreeze

First Post
We are the kurin kobel, master. We live to serve and we are useful even if we are small. There are a lot of fives of us here and there are several fives of karin kushor. And I recognized you because you because you look like the other masters. But I didn't disobey the orders, master, I haven't spied at the other masters, others told me what they looked like! I will guide you to the other masters, and you will tell them that Misskri is useful and they don't need to have me killed, yes, Master, please?

Ambrus

Explorer
The diminutive dragon snakes its long sinuous tail languidly through the air as it considers the kurin kobel's description of the ruin's current inhabitants. After a few pensive moments, the wyrmling offers Misskri its thoughts: ((You have been very helpful to me, and if there is something I can do to help you then I will. But you know you aren't supposed to spy on the masters Misskri; but you've seen me and that's unfortunate. Now I won't tell any of the kurin kobel, or the karin kushor or the other masters about you having seen me if you promise to do the same. I also can't have you guide me in case someone were to see us together. So tell me where I can find the other masters and I'll go ahead on my own; and if I find some way to help you then I will do it, as I promised.))

Nightbreeze

First Post
The trembling little wretch explains you the way for the nearest karin kushol camp. It seems that you are on a deeper level, as those closest to the surface are usually used by his comrades.

Following his instructions, you fly several minutes and at the end you come near the camp. There is no light, and there are several brutish and huge creature lying around, most of them sleeping. There are crude weapons, clubs and primitive spears lying around. You don't dare approach, as there is a single sentry, and you don't know how keen are the senses of these creatures.

Nightbreeze

First Post
The trembling little wretch explains you the way for the nearest karin kushol camp. It seems that you are on a deeper level, as those closest to the surface are usually used by his comrades.

Following his instructions, you fly several minutes and at the end you come near the camp. There is no light, and there are several brutish and huge creature lying around, most of them sleeping. There are crude weapons, clubs and primitive spears lying around. You don't dare approach, as there is a single sentry, and you don't know how keen are the senses of these creatures.

Nightbreeze

First Post
You start moving with great care, analyzing the position of the karin kushols and where could be the entrance for the cave of the masters. The problem is, you soon realize that the sentry looks startled. He must have heard something, and he is not entirely sure if it was something normal or something else. However, he is now actively looking the entire room, searching for any sign of intruders.

As you hide and stop moving around, you suddenly realize that he is sitting on some sort of wooden table, or trapdoor...could it be that that is the entrance?

Ambrus

Explorer
The small black dragon remains still as it watches the hulking karin kushol rise to begin searching the cavern. Tasting the air nervously with its forked tongue, the wyrmling waits for a moment when the brute's attention turns away to carefully move towards the trapdoor for a closer look. Hiding amidst a pile of karin kushol gear, the dragon studies the portal to determine whether it might be able to breach it on its own or not [Search +8].

OOC: My dragon will likely try to snag the door with its tail, raise it enough to fit and then scurry through the gap if it believes it can do so safely before the karin kushol returns.

Nightbreeze

First Post
Looking at the portal, it seems to you that it is too heavy, like the trapdoor at the tower's base. However, after twenty minutes of careful examination, you realize that there seems to that it doesn't cover perfectly the hole...actually there seems to be an opening. Gathering your resolve, you make a run for it, and manage to enter it, while the sentry is examining a distant part of the cavern.

Once you enter it, however, you see a diagonal tunnel that is heading down. The point is, you feel uneasy at this place, as if there was a slight aura of menace coming from below.

Ambrus

Explorer
The diminutive dragon gathers its courage and scrabbles nimbly down along the tunnel; doing its best to remain vigilant while ignoring the feeling of dread issuing from below. The suggestion that other draconic masters were lairing nearby was too enticing to ignore; the wyrmling had never set eyes upon another of its kind.

Nightbreeze

First Post
As you approach the end of the short tunnel, you hear distant voices, united in a guttural chant. You arrive to a corner, and spying over it, you realize that you have just arrived to a constructed cavern: the tunnel becomes rectangular and there are torches that give a little bit of illumination. Their light is very dim, but at the same time they don't create much smoke. Peering over the corner, you see a long room, more akin to a tunnel, with 4 doors at its and, two at the left side and two on the right side. Right in front of you, instead, at the end of the room, 60ft away, there is a double door, opened, and revealing an ever bigger room.

It is filled with strange colored smoke, and reddish lights. Multiple creatures are moving in there, although you see them as shadows because of the smoke. They seem to dance and sing at the some time. Given their height, they are probably kurin kushols, or more probably urgrins.

Remove ads