A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Solange

First Post
[sblock=OOC]There are riverboats with sails and such, and Longboats can go up wider rivers. Usually, if a river is a constant though way of traffic though, boats that clog up the entire river are generaly frowed upon or otherwise removed or prohibited.[/sblock]

"Let us find out how long a boat will take and how much it will cost," Rapture says. "Unless you had another sordid idea for an excusion..."

Solange

First Post
Rapture peers quizzically at Keldar, shakes her head, and says "I think the docs are that way."

OOC: Let's found out how much this will actually cost!

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
It's but a short trip to the docks. There, the gang finds several ships heading towards Fallon. One in particular stands out among the rest: They're carrying a valuable cargo (though the captain won't say what), and they're looking for some proven adventurers to ensure its safety on the journey eastward. The payment includes a free trip to Fallon and the best cabins on the longship. Admittedly, the vessel isn't exactly a pleasure cruiser, but the accommodations are far better than the other prospects.

The only catch is that the ship departs early tomorrow morning, so our band of adventurers would have to be ready to leave almost immediately.

Boddynock

First Post
"Bah!" says the dwarf, who's been growing increasingly surly as the group traipses from place to place. "Let's stop wasting time and get going. The sooner we leave, the sooner I can get back to my business."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Maybe you could start walking right now, Tarag, and the rest of us will float majestically up the river tomorrow morning. I'm sure you'll get there before us. You could probably find Urton, answer the questions Thyrin has, and be halfway home again before we even arrive."

OOC: what is the name of the river that runs through Orussus? Is it a continuation of the River Roars? Maybe it's called the Kithsul, after the lake? Perhaps it even gets a new name after the Grellgo joins it. It seems a funny thing not to know.

covaithe

Explorer
"Let's take this captain up on his offer. We'll get there and back as quickly as we would on our own, and make some money as well. I don't think there's anything else we need to do here in Orussus. I'm ready to go." Tommy offers.

Trouvere

Explorer
"I agree, and I'll be ready as soon as I've bought enough food for the trip," says Keldar.[sblock=OOC]14 days trail rations, 7 gp, 14 lb. It's so easy to end up in medium load. Keldar will not be wearing his backpack in combat, I hope. Will that see him to Fallon? And what the heck, he's going to buy a whip, 1 gp, 2 lb (ominous rumble of thunder).[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOG: Have a good holiday!

The group boards the ship the following morning and sets out upstream and east, towards Fallon. Along the way, you stop at a few docks to drop off goods, but nothing terribly exciting happens.

After a few days, you reach a particularly tough part of the river, and the captain looks a little nervous as he directs his crew to pole off of rocks and avoid the rapids. After a few hours of tight navigation, the river suddenly opens up into a large lake. The captain says, "Ah, thah 'tis, th' 'ard part's is ovah, an' nah weh enjoy a li'l cruise on th' Kithsul! A few mo' days t' Fallon, yeh?"

[sblock=OOG: ]I'd like to pause a moment to take a short survey. We've been doing an awful lot of roleplay in Orussus, and we'll soon be doing an awful lot more in Fallon, I think. What's the general opinion on the pace of things? Too slow? Would you like more combat? How much do you care about whether the combat is related to the plot or not?

You can email me your thoughts, or just post them here.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases