A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I don't see how Turket can have enough actions to do everything he did, except under some very specific circumstances. He needs Quick Draw to be able to draw two objects as free actions, since his move action is used to command the rope. However, he needs a standard action to throw the rope, but also needs to use a standard action prior to cast Animate Rope, unless he somehow quickened the spell. Since he's not wielding a metamagic rod, that would be a 5th level spell. Eep.

Additionally, unless he cast quickened, he'd need to make a Concentration check to cast defensively, or incur potential AoOs from Tarag and Fimble.

Regardless, he would incur AoOs when making his ranged touch attack.

Is the save DC really 16? That's a +5 casting modifier.[/sblock]
OOC: Or it could be a rope of entanglement.

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: so far as I know, a rope of entanglement doesn't require a ranged touch roll, nor does it offer a save. It just... entangles someone within 20 ft. The downside - for a PC - is that someone will destroy your 21,000 gp magic item inside two rounds.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=rope of entanglement] Trouvere was primed with that answer because I suggested that to him via PM.

FYI

and he mentioned how that 'inside of two rounds' is only if you have a salshing weapon.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Or he doesn't need to cast the spell animate rope for some reason. I did not make a mistake in the actions. ::mischievous grin::

However, yes, he does provoke AoO's from Tarag and Fimble for the ranged attack on Tommy.[/sblock]

OOC: Still need a reflex save from Tommy, and AoO's from Tarag and Fimble.

Tommy...

Round 2.

Keldar...

Tarag's morningstar connects solidly with Turket's arm. Instead of feeling like he tore through cloth and struck flesh, Tarag feels like he hit a brick wall and just barely managed to knock a few blocks off. For his part, Turket winces but is otherwise unfazed.

Fimble...

Turket...

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Like most Fallonese wall residences, the floor is smooth stone. Turket is apparently wealthy enough to have some nice rugs covering most of the floor.

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy jumps like a frightened cat when the rope touches him, evading the entanglement. He steps behind Tarag and fumbles out his newly crafted wand, cursing himself for not getting it out before they jumped out of the rope trick. Activating it, he sends missiles of force blasting at Turket.

[sblock=ooc] Reflex save 22. 5' step to O3, get wand out, and use it. Reusing the previous roll (if that's ok) for 13 damage. [/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar nips around past Tommy to come at Turket from the side. His rapier thrust is not up to his usual standard.

"We didn't come back!" he needles. "We've been hiding upstairs watching you for two weeks! You're boring."[sblock=OOC]Move around the long way to N1; rapier attack 1d20+10=14; 1d6+3+1d6=2+3+6=11 magic.

'Nock, could you consider posting in Tarag's due place in the initiative order? Without knowing what everyone else will have done, how can he make best use of his 5' step? For instance, if he steps east, then in the following round Turket would have no (non-tumbling or similar) means of evading a TWF full flanking sneak attack from Keldar: Fimble delays; Turket stays in O1, Keldar flanks with Fimble; he steps to O2, Keldar steps to N2, flanks with Tarag; he steps to N2, Fimble steps to O2, Keldar steps to M2, flanks with Fimble. With his DR 5/?, we're having enough trouble hurting him without missing out on sneak attack and/or halving Keldar's number of attacks.

Which reminds me, did Keldar's earlier hit, with the +1 rapier, encounter a brick wall, or cut through?[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases