Nocturne of Sorrow, Orsal J

ethandrul

First Post
thegreyman said:
ooc: You do realize we are traveling to the negative energy one (nocturne=night)??!! The fire one wouldn't be so bad cause people live in there, but I don't know if any players know of any cities for the Neg area, so trading is iffy. The magic items you're talking about is like 40,000 gold pieces... If Frump had that much cash (or could get that much), he'd prolly give us 100 gold each to go live in a tavern for a month, and take the rest!

ooc well we don't NEED any of them,, and the magic spoon actually feeds 4/day 1 each is unneccessary. the haversack is 2k and the tokens are like 250 each.
there may not be towns in the negative zone- but there ARE towns on the way. we just split off when our paths divert.
as for cost- how much would a nation pay to save the world?
the total to make what i requested (with 4 spoons) is less then 13k. with 1 spoon it is approxamately 4k

Rystil Arden

First Post
"How very ambitious, lad. If we had that much money to spend, we could just pester Rilithorne of Orussus until he made us a large number of scrolls of Teleport and then have Gloria try to use them. Of course, she's such a lazy girl, she would probably ruin the incantation again and have it blow up in her face, but regardless, we should be able to fund this expedition with far fewer expenses. Food for 300 days, even with those expensive rations, is not going to be too unbearable a price. Under 1000 gold for the six of you. Gloria can probably eat less. If she keeps eating so much, she's going to get fat, that's what I say. Besides, adventurers can surely find food or such along the way...Ah that must be Gloria now. Gloria!"

*Rayne Liore enters the room.*

"No, it's me. I found her running down the halls. Poor thing looked like she was about to collapse. I do have those tarts she was carrying though. She seemed insistent that they be delivered."

*Rayne produces the tarts.*

"Ah good, good. Those tarts are for Quozen. He is Gloria's lieutenant, you see. It takes a Monk to find a monastery, right?"

"No, not really, but that's fine. The Monastery of Midnight Asylum is the closest any sane person will go to the tower of Negative Energy. In fact, some question the sanity of the Monks of Midnight Asylum as well. What few realise is that the Monastery was founded not just to watch and protect against dark energies, but also to guard the Nocturne Shard. I will mark the Monastery on a map for you."

"Now, the Monastery is extremely far south, so what I'm going to do is, tomorrow I'll Teleport you all as far as I can in one day while returning. Then I'm going to create Phantom Steeds, which you will ride at breakneck speeds until they vanish, even if you have to stay awake for 24 hours and exhaust yourselves. This should put you in the ballpark of the monastery, perhaps a week away on foot, or even there already, depending on how well you fly the Phantom Steeds, and yes, they do fly. The only catch is that each of the Phantom Steeds cannot carry much more than your own body weight, a little over 100 pounds. I suggest loading that extra weight up with rations for the first leg of the return trip if you have any left over after your weapons and armour. You'll want enough to make it out of the worst of the Badlands. If you're hard-pressed and brave, you can stop at Wytchhaunt for supplies. It's a small town of students of the dark arts who are willing to put up with the high cost of living and importing food in exchange for the magical benefits of their town's location on a ley line."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Wytchhaunt? A ley line?" Quozen wonders. "Like the ley lines originally used to place the shards?"

He munches on a tart as he listens to Rayne's response.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen nods, thinking and forgetting about a bit of jelly at the corner of his mouth. "Then the encampment would be a possible destination for any cultists. If I knew not where the shard was, I would start my search there. We should be very careful indeed around Wytchhaunt."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree. Fortunately, you will only need to pass there at most once. Unfortunately, if all goes well, you are going to be carrying the shard with you when you do so."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Licking the corner of his mouth, Quozen adds, "Does the shard react with ley lines in any way? If it crosses a ley line, do others become aware of it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It does react to ley lines, but I don't think anyone is really sure of how or if it is detectable. Certainly if we knew how to detect it, it would make finding some of the other shards easy. However, just because we don't know of a way does not mean that we can unilaterally discount the possibility that the cultists do know a way to notice this somehow."

Remove ads