Last Stand of the Dorinthians- Dead Secrets

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"What do you mean that there are no avariel?" The abjurer talks with the shade, taking time to explain the elven race and its current politics.

"So the elven race has a Speaker, just like the Avariel Council. Have you seen the Speaker? Try to think hard at the accesories he wears or wield. Give me details."

Silas goes into a detailed description, and the shade responds once more. "The staff that he carries signifying his position. That yellow crystal that you said was on it. Does it look like this?"

An image appears above the shade, and it does indeed look like the crystal seen on the Speaker's staff. "That is a key that will open the chamber. The Speaker has it if you can convince him to aid you."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas bows to the shade. "Thank you, Ivarus. You have given me hope that there is yet something that can be done to help those afflicted with this plague. If there is anything that I can do for you you have but to tell me and I will try to aid you."

If there is nothing then Silas will begin the journey to the Elven homeland.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Yes, there is perhaps something you can do for me. We avariel had sacrificed much in order to make this world a better place... a world that we wished to bring a step closer to our own original home. Tell me a bit of the world as you know it. Did we make this place better? Did we at least lift the suffering of its inhabitants and enlighten them?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas hesitates. He doesn't wish to lie to Ivarus but he's not sure if the avariel truly made a difference. Then he remembers a gnomish woman who fought by him when his family and home was threatened. Smiling, he begins to speak. "I have a friend named Caramip. She's gnomish; a descendant of the minions of the Geomancer who embraced the teachings of the avariel..." He speaks for a long time, starting with his friendship with Caramip and the gnomish people and rambling on to his other friends: Kel and the elves who supported the Dorinthians, shy but loyal Danica, the half-orc siblings, and especially his friendship with the good and honorable Lord Dartis Kalnian, even the volatile Barok. Finally he winds down and shrugs as silence falls. "I cannot imagine how dark the world might be if your people had not left their homes to come here."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The shade listens intently. "Thank you for that, friend Silas. I would like to leave you with a gift... a portion of the magic that my people once possessed and that you may find useful. I could teach you, if you are interested, a spell that allows you to detect the thoughts of others, another that can create a heatless flame, or a third that would can increase your intelligence for a short period of time."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas inclines his head to the shade. "It has been a pleasure speaking with you, Ivarus. This plague had filled me with despair but you remind me of the goodness and hope that exists." Grinning broadly at the thought of receiving a magical gift, he continues, "I gladly accept your gift. I choose to learn to create a heatless flame, if it please you."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"The magic that sustains me won't sustain me forever. At least I can do something small for the world once more. Bring forth your spell crystal and be ready to transcribe my words." Silas looks puzzled and brings his spellbook and pen instead. "Hmmm... or that. I suppose that will work just as well." The shade describes the spell and Silas learns continual flame.

"So, what do you do now?"

"I think it's past time for you to go home, don't you son of Dorin?" A familiar voice asks as a hand slinks along your shoulder.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas starts; he had nearly forgotten Ulavree during his talk with Ivarus. He nods. "It is time for me to resume my journey." He looks back at Ulavree. "But it won't be home, yet. I travel to the elven homeland and their council chambers. Farewell, Ivarus."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Silas, Barok, and Ulavree climb up the rope and out of the chamber, followed by a short climb using the rope down to the site of Nefius' death. They discuss their options, but Barok is adament about returning home and not joining Silas to visit the elves. He feels as though there is treachery about and that he in particular would be targeted as he had made no secret about his dislike of their forested community.

Ulavree surprises both however by her request. "I for one would like to accompany you. I have an interest in seeing where your quest leads... "

GlassEye

Adventurer
Silas nods. "Very well, friend. I understand." He turns to Ulavree. Somewhat stiffly he says, "A travelling companion would be welcome." He glances at the sky and sags in weariness; the past hours have been emotionally and physically draining for the wizard. "But I need a bit of rest before we ride." Silas plans to get some sleep and ride hard towards the elven community the next day, staying with Barok as long as possible before they must part.

OOC: I've lost track of time. I'm not sure but it seems it should be late in the day or early morning after a long night. If this isn't right, I'm sure you'll let me know.

Remove ads