The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 33/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"We could try to hide and rest in the jungle. Perhaps one of you magic users knows a spell to get us back to the ship?" Glaive suggests and asks the last sentence hopefully.

[sblock=ooc]

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 33/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"We could try to hide and rest in the jungle. Perhaps one of you magic users knows a spell to get us back to the ship?" Glaive suggests and asks the last sentence hopefully.

Midian shakes his head. "Even if I hadn't used most of my magics, I've nothing that can get us back to the ship faster, though if I can rest and recharge, I'll have the means to mask our trail, at least."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
DM
[sblock]
Before continuing on, Doral would like to cast a detect magic and examine the shards of the destroyed crystal, the 'killed' monstrosity, and Midian's wand. After gathering information, he'll don himself in some cultist robes and hurriedly take point.
[/sblock]

Doral
[SBLOCK]
Two shards that the cultists were using glow, a large shard from inside the dragons head glows, a section of lower jawbone glows. The armor and halberds of the two guards glow. Bracers and necklaces glow on the cultists and both of their daggers appear to be masterwork.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper gathers up one of the more 'intact' robes.

"All right, it sounds like a strategic withdrawl is in order. That said, we came to free slaves...I still want to do that. Keep eyes open for their pens, and how many guards are watching them."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Turning away from the encampment, you set out at a fast pace for the nearest edge of the jungle. Within a few moments you are safely out of sight beneath the canopy. Midian and Kraken take the lead and guide you for another half hour. They take the time to cover your trail and double back several times in order to confuse and pursuers. You hear nothing however and eventually find a place to settle down. Midian notes that the jungle around here seems devoid of animal life larger than a bird. It seems that the undead have picked the area clean of higher life forms. You make a camp with a very small fire and set watches throughout the night. The rest of the evening is uneventful, the jungle unnervingly quiet around you compared to other nights you've spent out here. Two hours after dawn the group awakens, refreshed and ready once again.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
You've reached level 7 now and can use this as an opportunity to level up your characters. Here is a link to the players gallery where you can update your sheets.

Loot
[SBLOCK]
This is a link to stuff you picked up in the room just before the fight with the dragon's head. Doral claimed the sword but the rest was unclaimed.
Loot on pg 55
[/sblock]

Unidentified Loot from Dragon's room
If you decided to take anything from the dragons room, here is the results of identifying it.
[SBLOCK]
Midian's Wand
Midian's wand seems to have been tainted by the infernal energy released by the trapped demon. It is now a wand of cure/inflict moderate wounds. The energy released is chosen at the time of activation. It has the same amount of charges remaining as before.

2 Eberron Shards of Binding.
These shards seem to have a mixture of spells on them. It seems like a necromantic version of Evards Black Tentacles. Activating the shard causes a single thread of negative energy to lance out up to 10'. If you succeed on a range touch attack you can make a grapple check at your caster level +8. You can maintain the grapple as a standard action. If you choose to do damage with the grapple, it is the same as your unarmed damage only negative energy instead of non-lethal. Each shard is the size of a dagger.

Large shard from the Dragon's Skull
Another piece of an Eberron Shard, this crystal radiates several auras. It allows the user to recall two spells per day from the evil, necromancy, or evocation schools up to 4th level.

Dragon's Jawbone
This small section of jawbone is roughly 3' long. One end of it still has several large serrated teeth jutting from it. The other end is missing its teeth and has broken off from the main bone. With some reworking it might function as a weapon. It still emanates magical energy. With a few hours of work smoothing out the bone and wrapping the handle end in leather it would function as a greatclub +1, bludgeoning and piercing.

The guards each carried a halberd +1, the two daggers are also +1.
There are two bracers of armor +2, and the necklaces are periapts of wisdom +2 with the unholy symbol of their cult worked into the design.
[/SBLOCK]
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Wouldn't mind the periapt of wisdom, also the transmutation potions from the other room.

[sblock=Selc]
I was wondering if I could swap over some of Kraken's feats. I originally envisioned him as more of an all-rounder, but he's become more of a reckless character trusting to luck (and Action Points). I don't think I've ever used Point Blank Shot or Far Shot - can I swap them for something else? Possibly Raging Luck and Powerful Charge.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Wouldn't mind the periapt of wisdom, also the transmutation potions from the other room.

[sblock=Selc]
I was wondering if I could swap over some of Kraken's feats. I originally envisioned him as more of an all-rounder, but he's become more of a reckless character trusting to luck (and Action Points). I don't think I've ever used Point Blank Shot or Far Shot - can I swap them for something else? Possibly Raging Luck and Powerful Charge.
[/sblock]

Kraken and Everyone
[SBLOCK]
Feel free to tweak your character however you would like. Because these games run for such a long time I know how you can start with one idea for your character, decide that doesn't work, and want to go a different route with them.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken awakes, re-invigorated and ready for battle. In the dwan mist, he stands looking in the direction of the enemy encampment (although it can't be seen from where he is), one hand rests on the hilt of his falchion which stands on its point beside him.

"I'm all for freeing the slaves," he says, continuing Whisper's conversation from yesterday. "Many of them are my people and that's why I'm here. I'm all for razing that place to the ground."

He turns to face the others. "I don't know as much about the workings of magic as you fellas," he indicates Doral and Whisper, "but I reckon if them flame and shadow mongrels are making deadfella-wulgaru-crystal things they're going to need a... maybe an altar or a sacred place, somewhere to work the magic, eh? Reckon we need to smash that and drive all them mongrels into the sea."

[sblock=OOC]
HP: 68

Spells prepared:
0th level: detect magic, guidance x3
1st level: bless, divine favour, inflict minor wounds*, protection from evil
2nd level: fog cloud*, hold person, resist energy
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 4d6 damage

Awakening from nearly forgotten memories of hell, Glaive knows again his purpose. "Yes, let's free the slaves, but more important raze everything to the ground and send the other we find to their final judgment!"

[sblock=ooc]
Would like to take one +1 dagger and one eberron shard of binding. Greatclubs are martial weapons :( Has anyone taken the icy shortsword?

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"They'll be on their guard this time, though I'm sure everyone here knows that. I can make us all invisible once more so we can try to be selective of our target when we strike," Doral suggests. He notices Glaive staring at the newfound sword Doral had been handling. "Glaive, you keep looking at this odd weapon. You seem to enjoy a good bit of violence. Are you handy with such a sword?" Doral flips the blade over and offers Glaive the hilt so that Glaive might check the weapon's balance and properties.

Remove ads