The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 33/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"Is anyone badly hurt? Kraken should awake soon, and I still have some charges in the wand." Glaive asks, not fully believing they had managed to win.

[sblock=ooc]

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 33/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"Is anyone badly hurt? Kraken should awake soon, and I still have some charges in the wand."

"As do I. Let's get Kraken on his feet and get out of here," Midian says, crossing to their unconscious comrade.

[sblock=OOC]Midian will use as many charges as it takes to wake Kraken up.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper stared for a moment at the fallen monstrosity, then shook her head.

"Don't relax yet!" she snapped. "We're still in the middle of enemy territory. We still have slaves to free. We're not done here yet."

And I've got next to no magic left, she lamented privately...but it was no good revealing one's weaknesses in public, even to one's friends. And you never knew who might be listening.

"Heal whoever needs it, but then we have to keep moving. We don't want to be here when the main force gets back."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken opens his eyes after Midian touches him with his wand.

For now the room is quiet, the bodies of the four cultists lie still among their scattered weapons, crystals, and bits of bone.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
As you go to trigger your wand you notice something different about it. More energy was channeled than you expected and you sensed a hesitation before the magic channeled as if waiting for you to make a choice.
[/SBLOCK]

Kraken
[SBLOCK]
Midian healed you for 12 hit points, plus 2 points of healing from vigor which will give you 13 more before it runs out. 27 total at the end of 13 rounds.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post

Kraken opens his eyes after Midian touches him with his wand.

For now the room is quiet, the bodies of the four cultists lie still among their scattered weapons, crystals, and bits of bone.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
As you go to trigger your wand you notice something different about it. More energy was channeled than you expected and you sensed a hesitation before the magic channeled as if waiting for you to make a choice.
[/SBLOCK]

"Don't relax yet!" she snapped. "We're still in the middle of enemy territory. We still have slaves to free. We're not done here yet."

"Heal whoever needs it, but then we have to keep moving. We don't want to be here when the main force gets back."

Midian stands, a look of mild confusion on his face.

"If we make it out of here, Whisper, I'll need your help; I think that last blast into the beast's brainpan ... did something to my wand; I'm just not sure quite what.

"But you're right. For now, we need to focus on making a hasty retreat."

Midian offers a hand to help Kraken stand, then nods his readiness to move.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"So we rush out of here and plan to reattack once rested? A fine plan, as I'm also exhausted spell-wise. I'll take point." Doral moves forward, using his senses to look and listen for danger.

OOC: Doral will use obscuring mist at the first sign of significant opposition.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
[SBLOCK]
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to do in this room before leaving. There is a single tunnel leading back to the bedroom with the crack in the wall. From there Glaive can teleport you back outside again.

I'll post us moving forward, anything you want to do before then we'll do in ooc Sblocks.
[/SBLOCK]

Helping Kraken to his feet, you gather yourselves up and move back out the tunnel. The cliff no longer shakes now that the great beast has been quieted though some debris still sifts down from the ceiling. You return back to the ruined bedroom and the crack in the wall you entered through. Glaive takes each of you in turn through the passage using his infernal powers. Each trip leaves you feeling hot and the scent of sulphur lingers in the air. Soon all of you are standing outside in the cool night air. The storm has quieted and is pushing on out to sea. A few drops of rain still fall and fitful winds stir the air around you. Off to one side you can see lighted torches blazing at each building. Groups of men hurry from place to place with weapons in hand. The blighted land around you offers little cover to approach them, though moving away from camp would soon return you to living jungle.

jkason

First Post

Seeing the torches moving, Midian nods towards the outskirts of the camp.

"I say we head for cover at best speed," he whispers to the others.

[sblock=OOC]It occurs to me that it might be useful for Whisper to have the robes of one of the priests we killed, provided they aren't too ruined, though others' mileage may vary. Other than that, I suspect Midian would be more interested in getting to some relative safety than do any further searching.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
DM
[sblock]
Before continuing on, Doral would like to cast a detect magic and examine the shards of the destroyed crystal, the 'killed' monstrosity, and Midian's wand. After gathering information, he'll don himself in some cultist robes and hurriedly take point.
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Strewth!" says Kraken, coming to his senses. "That fella had a bit of temper on him, eh? Did we get him? Thought I was goner for sure. Guess I owe one of you me thanks for patching me up." He glances around the area. "Tch. Caught between an anthill and a wild rhino," he says. "Still, reckon we've got more chance hunkering down in the Big Green than we have waiting here, eh? And anything we have to face in the jungle those bugger'll have the same."

Remove ads