IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

jaker2003

Explorer
Wik said:
"Could my companion here have some of that lovely soup? . . . "
InVinoVeritas said:
"I should hope there is enough for everyone..." the Temple Mom muses, looking for the dropped ladle, "but it will be rather thin, I'm afraid. . . "
Oskar wonders why his well-fed companions are eating the childrens' food.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Morlan, be a dear and wash up with the others, please? Oh, and make sure no one's hurt. Thanks." Halina watches as Morlan heads upstairs.

"Yes, eight hundred should be sufficient. You are all welcome to stay for stew, but please, I would like to be sure that the children get their portions first. Let me see if there is a healing wand available. Ah! Here it is. We don't normally get adventurers through here, but your willingness to share your fortune is most appreciated."

Halina hands the wand to Possum. "And, let me see the map... Great Mother, from whom vitality flows, please restore this document to its previous state. Thank you."

Every last flaw and spill on the map is removed. The lettering and drawings become clear and dark, and the yellowing of the paper disappears. The writing is all over the map, running in many different directions. There are cities marked on the map, each with notes. The language, though, remains unfamiliar.

The children stream down from upstairs, and they all get served their stew. They take to the benches, and start eating. Morlan, Rhiana, and many others watch the adventurers with great interest. Another boy stands behind the other children, frightened. But all of them first work on their hunger.

Halina serves the party. The stew is weak, more a broth than anything, with some vegetables and tiny torn flecks of meat.

[sblock=OOC]
Has everyone's characters been approved yet? If not, contact the judges! They should be approved by now!
[/sblock]

Understanding who the food was meant for, Vindala silently stops eating, hopefully unnoticed.

"Do the eight hundred include fixing the map? If not we are able to pay, just making it clear"

OOC: what fun is it playing an uncivilized elf if you can’t misunderstand social situations once in a while, like eating food not meant to you? :)

Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
Lily happily eats the stew showing all of the other adventurers and children what a real lack of table manners is.

She looks up when the map is handed back and checks over the map, just like the rest of the party. Once she sees a point with unfamiliar writing, she says "I think a comprehend languages should be able to figure that out..."

thegreyman

First Post
"Um... Maybe 100 extra gold? So, like 125 all told..." Lily hesitantly says.

ooc: It would be 125 gold IF I can make the spellcraft check (I'd need a 9). Of course, any Cleric 1 can cast it too... Now if we only knew where one was... ;)

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar recoils, "Perhaps we should seek another caster to translate the text and allow you to improve your library from your share of our spoils."
Jace looks up at Halina, "Do you have the . . . comrehend languages spell available as well? We need someone to translate the text into common for us."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quoted by In Vino Veritus
OOC: Has everyone's characters been approved yet? If not, contact the judges! They should be approved by now!

]ooc[ mine is still pending, but an error has been foun d and i am about to correcyt it tonight...maybe by the end of weekend, if judges get the e mails soon enough ]/ooc[

]ic[
Karl is about to take a bite of food when it occures to him that this is for the children and he quietly places the un-touched stew back into the pot. when the map is restored to its original likeness he thinks as to which languages he knows (commen elvin and goblinoid) and wonders if the language is similer to the second and third.

" I think i have about 20 gold crowns to put toward the purchase of this scroll...will that help any?"

Remove ads