Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
The tulip towers

"Well that would all depend on how well your papers are in order and your experiece" Michael says referring to their resume etc....."but then again they do not tell everything there is to know about a person" then once again pausing briefly he adds "let's just say the montly pay is modest but crew shares most generous and i belive is setting a fine tabel for both myself and my crew..not to mention the chance for quick promotion should you be loyal and impress myself and the other officers."

Scotley

Hero
The young officer returns having secured a boat for hire. The long narrow boat has room enough for all. A man at each end of the boat pushes off. The man in the rear steers and sculls while the man in front poles along. Soon, new lads aboard, the boat is moving toward your destination. One of the potential officer recruits asks, "Crew shares? What sort of vessel do you command Captain?" Giuseppe corrects the boy, "That's fleet Captain to you boy." Though calling his fellow junior boy seems a little ironic there is a clear difference between Giuseppe and these new lads. A difference born of battle and responsibility.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Tulip Towers

Laughing Michael says "I really wish i knew the answer to that question, I truly do..Let's just say I oversee a small but budding trading concern that offers average pay to it's sailors but also allows them crew shares based upon the overall profitability of the concern. Now they will be modest what with the outfitting and crewing of three additionaly ships but in time they should prove most handsome..and I belive to date the average sailor has earned somewhere bewteen 800 and 1000 gold as part of his share..........with of course the officers earning way more"

Scotley

Hero
Guiseppe comments, "It is nice being an officer, I must say." The numbers you tossed out and Guiseppe's comment has actually silenced the lads, though you suspect that it won't be long before they start again.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Tulip Towers

Michael will take his positon in the boat and asked to be taken to the Tulip Towers. He will listen to the young men for a bit then comment. "Well we still have time to disuss any possible arrangements...we must first conclude our errand"

Scotley

Hero
The boat is slowly worked up a series of gradually slopping switchbacks until you finally round a corner that reveals that you have advanced to a considerable height above the sea. Soon you leave the switchbacks and move down a broad channel that passes under many surface streets and tunnels. Your boat eases up to a broad set of steps in a long curve. Numerous boats are lined up here. The lead man on the boat hops ashore and holds the boat steady so you can disembark. The only thing nearby that looks even vaguely like a tower is a half arc of white marble. It is tall and broad, but much too thin to house any inhabitants.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Sorry man the boards are running so slow, I'm really having trouble posting. I've been trying to get a post up for this game most of the day.

Michael and company step of the boat and climb a few broad steps leading to a large round plaza. From here you can clearly see the large shaft leading down into the ground. Water from the canals flows over the rim in two places producing small waterfalls that spill down into the depths perhaps 120' to water that seems to be the sea. The shaft is surrounded by windows and many of them are filled with window boxes where tulips grow. Likely the source of the name of the place. The large half arch reflects sunlight from the polished white marble down into the shaft. Behind the arch is a stairway leading down under a small dome set on columns.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Tulip Towers

Michael will head the party towards the address he was given...

OCC: no worries i have been having problmes for a few days..it is getting very frustarting....we maybe need to look at a new venue for all the games......enworld has not been that relaible all year..

Scotley

Hero
Making his way down the stairs and into a maze of circling tunnels, Michael eventually finds the address. He realizes he could have followed his nose. The smells of western reach style cooking come wafting from the swinging half doors that lead into the inn and tavern in question. Once you pass the doors you could be at a taverna in the heart of the Western Reach as the furniture is of the style of the reach and the paintings on the walls are all of famous landmarks there. A good number of people, most clad in the style of and speaking in the accent of the reach are in the main room eating, drinking and swapping stories. A small knot of men wearing the colors of the family are clustered around watching a game of dominos between two young men.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases