Godzilla x Kong : The New Empire | Official Trailer

I didn’t mind it, both Godzilla v Kong and Godzilla x Kong have made Kong the main character which works better than focusing on the humans. But it has meant Godzilla is starting to feel more like a cameo in his own movie. I think I read he has 9 minutes of screen time in the new one.

I didn’t mind it, both Godzilla v Kong and Godzilla x Kong have made Kong the main character which works better than focusing on the humans. But it has meant Godzilla is starting to feel more like a cameo in his own movie. I think I read he has 9 minutes of screen time in the new one.
Yeah, it was about what I expected from a post-2000 American CGI kaiju flick. Neither amazing nor terrible, and as you said rather light on actual Godzilla. Better than 2014 but not a major stepping-stone for the overall franchise. Still, worse things to be than "fine" when it comes to Hollywood, and at least Japan is still doing more interesting things in the genre.

Then again, I'm old enough that even the best CGI doesn't interest me as much as quality practical SFX work does, especially when it comes to miniature sets and models (which overlaps with my gaming hobby interests quite a bit).

Remove ads