D&D General Baldur's Gate 3 will now be releasing August 3rd on PC and September 6th on PS5, increased level cap, race & class details and more

Huh, have you got a source on this? I remember seeing a tweet about how almost everything about Minthara was blocked by an incredibly small and stupid bug (in Swen's words), which made me think that this would be an obvious fix for Patch 2.
The specific interview talks about 1,500 Minthara reactions. That's really great, but doesn't specifically mention her romance triggers. So maybe it does "fix" her, or maybe her romance will remain stuck until a later patch.

I call this one "Oops! All Halflings!"
download.jpeg

MarkB

Legend
So one of my party members got knocked off a cliff that for game purposes was bottomless. iE I had no way to get to the bottom which I couldn’t even see.

Well how the fudge do I fix that? They just dead?

Turns out they leave a little glowing ball they leave behind that can can “Raised”.

Good thinking, Larian. I was about to load a save from like an hour ago.
If that failed, you could also have gone back to camp and asked Withers to raise them.

Huh, have you got a source on this?

Larian Studios has clarified that Minthara's fixes will not be part of Patch 2. This article has been updated to reflect that change.

Ondath

Hero

Larian Studios has clarified that Minthara's fixes will not be part of Patch 2. This article has been updated to reflect that change.
Well, that sucks for Minthara fans. With my real life work still getting nowhere near done, I'm more and more tempted to keep my playthrough on hold until more and more stuff is patched...

MarkB

Legend
Oh, I chose the wrong week to reinstall BG3. :(

I got a new PC on Tuesday, and after a couple of overnight downloads was up to 85% on installing the game. Came back to it this evening and it's back to 0%, presumably on account of Patch 2.

Now that Patch 2 is out, with some performance tweaks (don't expect miracles), you can force the game to redo your shaders.

%localappdata% into windows address bar
go to Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\LevelCache
empty the folder - it's just a cache, the game will repopulate it

Scribe

Legend
Now that Patch 2 is out, with some performance tweaks (don't expect miracles), you can force the game to redo your shaders.

%localappdata% into windows address bar
go to Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\LevelCache
empty the folder - it's just a cache, the game will repopulate it

I sure hope its helped me in Baldur's Gate, its getting kind of rough.

Ondath

Hero
To be frank, I haven't seen a big difference in Act 3 performance with Patch 2. I turned off two settings that apparently cause some issues (dynamic crowds and something else), but I still needed to lower my graphics settings in order to get a decent enough FPS.

To be frank, I haven't seen a big difference in Act 3 performance with Patch 2. I turned off two settings that apparently cause some issues (dynamic crowds and something else), but I still needed to lower my graphics settings in order to get a decent enough FPS.
I am seeing significantly better performance. I have fairly decent PC anyway (and I mean low-mid range but still solid), but I used to have to have DLSS on just to make the game playable in Act 3, and now I can have it on or not. It also no longer doubles or more the framerate, but increases it by like 15-50% as it does in most games (to a better FPS than I was getting before).

If they can implement FSR 2.0 (or even the new 3.0, I dunno if that's available yet), that's not hardware-specific so could help a lot more people than DLSS (FSR 1.0 looks so bad for so little gain it's generally not worth it - not true of 2.0 or 3.0).

Remove ads