D&D General Baldur's Gate 3 will now be releasing August 3rd on PC and September 6th on PS5, increased level cap, race & class details and more

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
Well, neither, I’m in the Underdark at the moment. But I’ve completed all the quests marked on the surface map and all but one or two in the Underdark, and I know there are two routes to Moonrise Tower - the mountain pass being one of them, and the other being through the Underdark. Currently my plan is to finish up any quests in the Underdark and then go back to the surface to take the mountain pass route.

EDIT: I guess I just assumed that was the start of act 2 because when I first reached the route to the mountain pass I got a warning to finish up any businesses in the starting area before proceeding. But maybe that’s not technically the actual transition point.
Yeah, that is my play for my next run through.

Well, neither, I’m in the Underdark at the moment. But I’ve completed all the quests marked on the surface map and all but one or two in the Underdark, and I know there are two routes to Moonrise Tower - the mountain pass being one of them, and the other being through the Underdark. Currently my plan is to finish up any quests in the Underdark and then go back to the surface to take the mountain pass route.

EDIT: I guess I just assumed that was the start of act 2 because when I first reached the route to the mountain pass I got a warning to finish up any businesses in the starting area before proceeding. But maybe that’s not technically the actual transition point.
Noice. That's the route I took. So all I can tell you is that after going through the Mountain Pass and completing that area (which I remember as marking the conclusion of Act 1), I was halfway between levels 7 and 8.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Noice. That's the route I took. So all I can tell you is that after going through the Mountain Pass and completing that area (which I remember as marking the conclusion of Act 1), I was halfway between levels 7 and 8.
Gotcha, that makes sense. In that case, I would speculate that the mountain pass must be more the climax of act 1 rather than the start of act 2.

Yeah, it's iffy. I remember it being a clear cut demarcation, but maybe it wasn't...
I don't believe there is any in-game mention of "Acts" at all. But most of the "Act 1" quests like the druid grove complete when you enter the Mountain Pass. There is a camp scene wrapping things up if you haven't done a lot of stuff at that point. But you can still go back to Act One areas from the Shadowlands and Mountain Pass areas and finish off sidequests. I would describe the transition between acts as being milestone based, rather than location based.

I am not sure, since I have never gone to Act 2 via the Mountain Pass but entering the Mountain Pass with some unresolved Act 1 quests could lead to those quest resolving on their own.
Exiting the Mountain Pass is what does that. Or, more precisely, getting near the exit. You can access and run through the monetary and environs without messing up Act 1 quests.

Remove ads