Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
Careful observation pays off. There is a second party of men coming and going from a warehouse quite close to the ship. More men are coming in than are going back out and they appear to very heavily armed for dock workers. A couple of good sized boats have pulled up to unload at the next dock, but on careful observation it becomes clear they too are just going through the motions. These boats could carry upwards of twenty men each in a pinch and they would only have to make a few yards to be upon the Retribution. It would be easy enough for the men to run from the warehouse, leap into the boats and row to the Retribution in under a minute or simply attack from the dock.

OOC: Care to make spot, nature, arcana and spellcraft checks?

Scotley

Hero
As Micheal continues to observe he notices a fog beginning to roll in. If it gets thick enough it will make watching the men on shore quite difficult.

Micheal is fairly certain the Scrying, at least some of it, is coming from the Warehouse.

J. Alexander

First Post
end games

Thinking to himself for a moment Michel will mutter so that the sorcerress and priested can hear him "This is going to get ugly"..."Grumbar....Where are you man, I told you I wanted that crap poured overboard before we hunkered down. Get up here man, Right now" When Grumbar arrives Michael will give him a wink and say quietly, as much as you can pour oil to the stern and side as if your dumping bad quality soup or something..do it quickly" Then louder he will say as if the dwarf was arguing with him "I dont care if you call it a good soup or not, i said throw the entire batch of oily grap you call fish soup overboard and make me a choweder.

Then as if still in a rage he will add "Col. Chandar I told you i want squads for the landward side..no come here man and tell me why you cant do such a simple task"...When he arrives Michael will say "Follow along as best you can. They do not know our true numbers we have roughly three times the crew one would expect and that balance in warriors. they are going to hit us from all sides at once i fear using this fog as cover, assembly what seems to be like the majority of a regular crew towards the landward side. Station the rest along the rest of the perimter...we will let them board if necessary they seaward side at which time we will have the reserves hit them from the stern and bow sides. Keep Grond in reserve for the center mass at my signal.

Lt> Mangrum..."Where are those fog laterns, I dont want any suprise visitor4s..get them lit and posted now"

Turning back to the ladies he says "It is going to get rough, I fear we may have overplayed our hand a bit they are going to hit us with a heavy force. Do the best you can intially by offering some resistance to their attacks, the fold the defense as if you have been overwhelmed and tired out. At that point do what you can to dissapate the fog and prepare to unleash as much power as you can against the peremited of the ship starting about ten feet from us."

Willium he call out "Huge task for you man, can you sing us up a wind or something to help fight the fog. Start out as far as you need to avoid detection time it to hit about five mintues after the fog hits us..

Scotley

Hero
Grumbar comes up on deck fuming and cursing in Dwarvish under his breath. Bloody Captain wouldn't know good soup if he was swimming in it... He begins to lash his own men verbally to attend to the task and soon buckets of oily slop are going over the side. He manages to pass close and whisper "I've held back a couple big pots on the boil to go over the side once company arrives." He continues on raving and tearing at his beard in such a convincing portrayal of Dwarven outrage at the slur on his cooking that Michael begins to wonder if he'll need a food taster just in case.

Chandar takes his orders coolly and begins to move men about quietly below decks to assembly points just out of sight. Men will be able to rush the railings from below decks in seconds.

Mangram sets about getting a few more lanterns out, but the men going out on the yards and such to place them are in fact the best marksmen.

Nac'Losin nods and goes below to gather a few potions and other things, while Remona casts a defensive spell upon herself and checks her wands.

Willum abandons his work on the song previously ordered and gets ready to lead the men in battle song and starts to spread the word on a variation on piece normally sung by sailors to call the wind for speed.

The smell of very hot spicy Dwarven peppers boiling in hot oil stings Micheal's nose as sailors scurry about securing hatches and lines as well as making sure all the weapons and gear for repelling boarders is checked and re-checked.

Nac'Losin calls for some fresh fuel to be added to deck braziers to keep the temperature up for the amphibian troops and crew. She adds bundles of herbs and incense to promote healing, alertness and vigor. The tension is palpable in the air as the fog slowly thickens. Micheal hears a low chant coming from the warehouse and the 'whale hunters' on shore are manning their boats just as the fog steals them from sight.

J. Alexander

First Post
End Games

Asssembly the officers, Michael will say quietly "It's just a matter of time now, a game of nerves. I know think it's going to be a cordinated attack from all sides..when the first ones hit lauch the catapults to the seaside. Use two volleys of the stones then switch to that central warhouse with flaming oil. I also want the oil lite as it will buy us time and protect us from one quarter. After the second volley, i want the oil on the seaside and it light to from a floating wall of fire to hamper them"

Now lets prepare..

J. Alexander

First Post
In a low voice Micahel says "I know tis a very dangerous plan, but perhaps it is something they would never expect and in that lies our opportunity to take the fight to them in such a way as to end it quickly"

Scotley

Hero
The fog thickens obscuring your vision of the shore. Nac'Losin mutters about it being unnatural. She stubs out the remains of her cigar and takes her holy symbol in hand.

Remona finishes up her protective casting and pulls a wand.

Chandar stands boldly on the quarterdeck a massive two handed axe in hand. Officers try to follow his example and reassure the men.

Willum stands near the mainmast tuning up and ready to play his part.

The crew tenses visibly knowing battle is at hand. A couple of men scurry to the rail finding a sudden need to relieve themselves. A crossbow twangs and a bolt goes wildly skyward as a nervous marine grips a little too tightly. He reddens and begins to reload. These gaffs illicit only the barest of nervous laughter from the warriors awaiting the assault.

OOC: Roll a spot check x3 for the lookouts and initiative.

Remove ads