Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
eloquentaction, did you take a look a my selector ?
Cards generator
Maybe it's a part of what you're looking for...

Yes, actually I did.

It's a great idea. But since I wasn't sure if you were on-board with the new project, I figured we'd have to write our own.

Plus, I have an idea on how to parse the tags (using an EVAL or something similar) to change the box contents box(es) to match the equation(s) in the box titles.

So, for example: A card with "1[W] + Str" would turn into "1d10 + 4" for a first level fighter using a Greatsword.

But I may have to write that piece myself.

-- Hirahito

DennisB

First Post
OK, i have gotten lots of request for the next deck and surprisingly, the barbarian will be next, however it is the play test barbarian, so it will be incomplete until the players handbook 2 is released. out of 6 people that asked, 3 of them wanted the barbarian. who knew.

Siberys

Adventurer
I modified the template I made.

I re-added the flavor text section.

Now, all of the text on the border turns white if the white border option is chosen.

Also, I added a white version of each symbol-font symbol. To type it in, simply use the caps version.

This required a slight bit of re-mapping of keys. The new symbol font matches up as below;

ACTIONS
(s)tandard
m(o)ve
(m)inor
(i)mmediate
(f)ree

RANGES
(c)lose burst
(a)rea burst
m(e)lee
(r)anged
h(y)brid
(b)last
(t)ouch
(p)ersonal

There is no White version of the (h)orizontal rule, as that would only really be useful in the always-white textbox.

Attachments

• Siberys.zip
    2 MB · Views: 101

DennisB

First Post
Siberys:

Could you add the bard and barbarian to the list on the cards, they are guaranteed classes upcoming and already have playtest releases.

Also, on the cards could you have a small section to place the book and page #. May i suggest putting it in the bottom middle of the card in the black area. make the format white. And last suggestion, try making it a little fancy, could you make the title text magic medieval to add a little panache.

Also there is a few glitches in the program:
1) Orange 2 - orange 3 - orange 4 - Grey - gold - silver and iron dont work
2) you have 2 attack, utility, encounter blocks and they are overlaping, one dont work and the other is hard to get to.
3) insert a section to input the level of the power.
4) Lastly, the Icons are barely noticeable, could you make them a little bigger?

other than that, it looks good and is easy. tell you what, you fix thoes glitches and i will make the decks in that format as well as mine and i will give you the decks in you're format as i finish them. Deal?

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
Siberys:

Could you add the bard and barbarian to the list on the cards, they are guaranteed classes upcoming and already have playtest releases.

Also, on the cards could you have a small section to place the book and page #. May i suggest putting it in the bottom middle of the card in the black area. make the format white. And last suggestion, try making it a little fancy, could you make the title text magic medieval to add a little panache.

Also there is a few glitches in the program:
1) Orange 2 - orange 3 - orange 4 - Grey - gold - silver and iron dont work
2) you have 2 attack, utility, encounter blocks and they are overlaping, one dont work and the other is hard to get to.
3) insert a section to input the level of the power.
4) Lastly, the Icons are barely noticeable, could you make them a little bigger?

other than that, it looks good and is easy. tell you what, you fix thoes glitches and i will make the decks in that format as well as mine and i will give you the decks in you're format as i finish them. Deal?

For the colors - yeah, I realized that last night. Easy fix.

I'm not seeing the double-thing...

You can just type in a level, but it could be worth adding in...

Page number's a good idea...

Bigger Icons should be easy.

With the classes list, it wasn't really important to have them in there, at least for me, because I use a large number of 3pp classes and home brew, so typing in new stuff was never difficult. Might as well, though.

As for the decks, thanks for the offer, but, as I use so much homebrew, it'd end up just being easier for me to type up powers as our groups need 'em. Thanks for the offer, though.

EDIT: I added all known upcoming classes and races to the drop down list, increased the size of the icons, added a page number field, added a level drop-down, and fixed the color choice problem.

I can't be adding in every class or race to that list, though, or else it would get very unwieldy, very fast, especially if I were adding in 3PP stuff. I'm not even sure the drop-down is necessary...

Whatever the case, here's the updated version.

Attachments

• Siberys.zip
    2 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
I have changed the class drop-down - now it is tiered and contains all of the Classes, races, PPs, and EDs I allow in my games!

To add something to the list, you'll need to modify the mse-game file - I can explain how to anyone who doesn't already know.

The new download link is in my sig, under My 4e Binder.

DennisB

First Post
I would like to know how to modify 1 template to fix it. i like the card style i am using but the MSE version is defective so i had to use the template and paint.net then paste it onto a full art card. it takes longer to do that, so please teach me how to fix it.

DennisB

First Post
Ok now here is the wizards and barbarian powers

Next, the cleric this will take about 4 or 5 days to make, again it will have all the powers from all sorces.

Last edited:

Remove ads