Making your own power cards

tintagel

Explorer
I've created my own theme based heavy off of quindia's design, with my own action icons.
  • Action Icons are by me, with the exception of the Standard action, by Lord Tirian
  • Background, banners, etc. by me - inspired by quidia.
  • The MSE template is a variant of randolph's. It requires an updated GAME file to be placed in the D&D.mse-game folder.
  • Three themes include Parchment (included in base install), Marble, and Nature. I plan on making more for other class types.
  • Alternatively, you could copy the code in the GAME file that is enclosed by the lines:
    ########## ADDED BY TINTAGEL ##########
    o and paste it into your GAME file.

Things to know:
  • This template uses attack icons with transparent backgrounds and crisper, cleaner art.
  • It also uses colored action icons if you choose to take advantage of them. To use them, just use a capital R, G, or B before the action type. For example, RS would give you a red standard action, while Gm would give a green minor.

Edit: Direct Link to teh MSE themes.

Last edited:

edveal

Explorer
tintagel I like you site. Is there a way to have them posted in pdf or other format so that we can just print them? What is it that you are using again to create these?

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Mercutio01 said:
A few more icons for damage types. I'm open to feedback (if anyone really cares about my designs). I've created my own style files for MSE and updated my particular card style to work. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share.

The icons are for Cold, Poison, Psychic, and Thunder.

Hmm. The 4th icon speaks Radiant, not Thunder for me. Just a thought. :)

meandog

First Post
tintagel

Do we have to register on your site to be able to down load the MSE files? I tried to down load them but nothing happened when I clicked on them.
I have a gmail account, how do you register.
Thank you

tintagel

Explorer
Meandog, you shouldn't have to register or anything to view the contents and download - just if you want to contribute or upload anything. I'm not sure why it wouldn't download for you. The site is set to be public. Maybe try again?

I can give you collaborator privileges if you want to add to it. Just post or email me your gmail username.

On a related note, I have created the Pregen power cards for the pally and Wizard now. I'm also putting up my MSE files for those two classes so you can customize the powers yourself.
Nab them all here.

Also, here is the Picasa Albumn, if you just want individual images.

randolph

First Post
2008-05-03 Update

Update Notes:

General
* Card backgrounds are now defined entirely in the style file for a template. You can have a template with 20 different backgrounds, and another template with 3, they can peacefully coexist without errors or a drop-down menu filled with disabled options. When creating or editing a style file to add or remove background options, make sure to edit both the script at the top and the extra card field named "background" near the bottom.

R template
* Font color for name, frequency, descriptors, and origin are now an option in the style menu. Remember to check "Options specific to this card" if you don't want it to affect the entire set.
* Card backgrounds have been redone in png to avoid compression artifacting. White removed, added grey.

quindia template
* Font color for name, frequency, descriptors, and origin are now an option in the style menu. Remember to check "Options specific to this card" if you don't want it to affect the entire set.
* Doubled name and descriptor fields removed - there are now options in the style menu to turn name field and/or descriptor field extension on and off. When on, they will also auto-shrink-to-fit. Remember to check "Options specific to this card" if you don't want it to affect the entire set.
* White card added.

trolls template
* Card text autoscaling enabled.
* Sidebar "notch" order is now an option in the style menu - this allows you to shuffle the bottom three "notches" to your preference. Remember to check "Options specific to this card" if you don't want it to affect the entire set.
* New "attack type" font symbols created for this template. Close burst and hybrid melee/ranged symbols work now.

Known Issues
* Sets created with earlier versions will need to reassign card backgrounds.
* Cards with lighter backgrounds that made use of font autocolor will need to change the font color option in the style menu. The same option will affect the asterisk-to-dot text substitution. Only cards made using the quindia or R templates should be affected.
* Sets created with earlier versions will generate a key error when opened. Just add a new card, or edit any existing one, then save.

Planned Features
* Power source icons
* Power classification icons

Edit: Updated files here.

Last edited:

meandog

First Post
tintagel

I will try again....i do not have much to add I am still trying to learn MSE at this point :D
Thanks again to everyone that has made these cards, they are great!

Last edited:

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Hey guys, I have been keeping up with the cards and love the new styles that have been put up, but I was wondering if there was anyway we could get one unified game file? I now have three different game files for power card styles.

meandog

First Post
tintagel

I was able to down load the files. I have a couple of question.
How do you add the symbols, also my fonts are different. I down loaded the paladin’s mse-set, how do you open it in mse.
I tried going to the mse site but there was no help documents. Sorry to ask all of these formatting and set up question.

Thanks again for everyone's good work.

Last edited:

Remove ads