Who still doesn't have a horse in this race?

BlackMoria

First Post
Well, D&D Experience is past and a lot of information has some out.

At this point, my group and I are still uncommitted to going to 4e or remaining with 3.5.

I have mixed feelings about the new edition. Some stuff appears to be good, alot appears to be so-so in my eyes and some stuff is down right bad, IMO.

I have a feeling that my group is not going make any decision on 4e until we see the final rules and spend some time with it come June.

It seems a majority of people have a horse in this race - they are either 'for 4e' or 'against 4e'... even from the onset.

So, who is still undecided about 4e, even after all the reveals coming out of D&D Experience?

I'd say I'm about 75% in favour of switching from 3.5, based on the information we have so far. I like much of the implementation of the mechanics, but still have reservations about some things and want to try them out for a few sessions before making a decision.

WyzardWhately

First Post
I'm undecided, although I plan on going ahead and preordering it. I know I'm going to end up playing the game whether I find the system compelling or not. My purchase of non-core material, however, will be very directly related to how much I like it.

D'karr

Adventurer
BlackMoria said:
So, who is still undecided about 4e, even after all the reveals coming out of D&D Experience?

I was on the undecided camp until I played at DDXP. Now, I'm on the I'm switching camp. I DM for three playing groups. One of them is switching to 4e as early as May. One of them is staying 3.5 until the current campaign ends (end of the year) and one of them just started the Savage Tide AP, so will not switch until that particular AP is over.

By 2009, I fully expect all my groups to switch over.

FickleGM

Explorer
I've never owned a horse, but I think that one of my groups is most likely going to convert. The other groups decisions to switch will depend on if we're still going strong with SWSE. :)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
My group have decided not to switch. Came before the D&DXP mostly centered around the changes to magic but after XP and seeing the new wizard plus the excerpt from the 10-16 level powers we were all put off. The magic has been nerfed beyond what's recognizable as D&D magic. And is missing big parts of the functionality certain players demand. Messing with the schools is my prime beef. But there's the player who always does necromancers who's majorly aggravated at WoTC right now. The illusionist guy who thinks they've eliminated his entire shtick from the core. And we're not even mentioning the player who likes druids.

baberg

First Post
I have a "horse in the race" because reading about 4th edition is what's gotten me interested in RPGs again. I'm hoping to get a group together to do 4th as soon as I can get my hands on the core rulebooks and am hesitant to even start anything up until then. I'd rather wait and make a clean start with 4th than try to adapt or change a group from 3.5 to 4th.

Andre

First Post
Wiseblood said:
I'm not sure about switching. But I believe a test drive is inevitable. Oh well, we'll see. :uhoh:

Same here. Another player and I have agreed to give the system a chance, but if we don't like it a whole lot more than 3.x, we'll switch to Hero. More flexible, no more complex than 3.x, and has pretty good character creation software. I know we're in the minority here, but for us, 4E's competition isn't 3.x, it's Hero.

Soel

First Post
I like most of what I've seen, and many of my group welcome the new edition, but I still have soooo many unplayed character concepts for 3.5, not to mention a ton of books that I haven't got enough use out of.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases