Who still doesn't have a horse in this race?

Festivus

First Post
At this point, my thoughts are I will likely play in the RPGA Living Forgotten Realms 4E stuff, but my home game will remain 3.5, or really become 3.75 picking the rules I like from 4E and incorporating them.

I'll buy the books and read them, but I'm still undecided as if I'm going to try and run a game. I know that I would have a terribly hard time to try and convert the people I play with, so I might not even bother to try, especially if I'm not 100% sure that 4.0 is THE edition.

I have read some interesting bits about it, and I might try to do a weird, 3.75 abomination that I'll impose on my players (they'll have an easier time swallowing it since they won't have to pay for books... :p)

AR

My group has no interest in 4e at all.I think 3e is still a good system its easy to change and very plug and play.4E from what I have saw looks like it might be fun but not what I want to use for D&D .

Pinotage

Explorer
The groups I'm playing in at the moment haven't discussed or bother with 4e at all at present, although I'm at present still undecided. Since I only game on PbP, the big issues for me are how well will 4e translate into that. With numerous immediate actions, for example, it makes it really cumbersome to run PbP battles since people have to post conditional responses based on their immediate actions, or you need to retcon every battle round update. Annoying to say the least. But, the lack of interest expressed so far, and the fact that we're not even halfway through some lengthy adventure paths leads me to believe 4e is unlikely.

Pinotage

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I'm undecided. Of course I also don't have a current D&D game to "switch."

I'm going to buy the three core books upon release. Once I read them I'll try and convince some friends to give it a test run. Several of my former players have said they have no plans to even look at 4e, so to pull them in I'll have to be convinced it is pretty amazing and worth the effort of getting them to at least give it a try.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'm still angrily agnostic about it. ;)

I love some aspects of 4e, I dislike some other aspects intensely, and think that perhaps a houseruled 3e that is purely "fixing problems" might go down a bit smoother.

I've also got the Zero system to try out, and I think after 4e's release, it'll be a very fun system.

If 4e gives me a good reason to play it, I'll be there, but it hasn't entirely won me over yet, and I am a very critical person. :]

joela

First Post
I don't get it

BlackMoria said:
It seems a majority of people have a horse in this race - they are either 'for 4e' or 'against 4e'... even from the onset.

I'm part of the so-called '4th category' (3rd is undecided) whereas I'll play both if possible. Just confirmed several of my fellow players and DMs are at least willing to give it a shot. And I'm pretty sure I'll be able to convince some of players in my own Eberron campaign to try a one-shot.

Elodan

Adventurer
Pretty much undecided.

Things I like, things I dislike.

Pre-ordered the books but so far, I haven't seen anything that's made me want to upgrade right away (like 3E). All the stuff I like I feel I can adapt to 3.5.

Looks like I'll have a chance to play the D&DE 4E scenarios as an upcoming Con. I'm really looking forward to giving it a try.

Set

First Post
At the moment, my gaming group is pretty hard against a lot of the changes (and excited to steal some others and incorporate them).

But even if every single one of us was chomping at the bit for 4E, we got burned buying 3E when it first came out, and then had to rebuy the new printing that 'fixed' a bunch of stuff, so we are dead-set against pre-ordering. If we decide to try it out, we won't start picking up core books until it's been out six months or so, to give them time to iron out the kinks.

I'm not afraid of spending money on gaming books, even gaming books I'm never gonna use (my complete collections of Mage, Wraith, Werewolf, Kindred of the East, etc. game books I've never gotten to use stand in mute testimony to that!), but I'm sure as heck not going to get snookered into buying multiple copies of the same book again!

joela

First Post
errata

Set said:
...but I'm sure as heck not going to get snookered into buying multiple copies of the same book again!

Not to threadjack(?), but it was my understanding the free updates from 3.0 to 3.5 were available on WotC website as a file or something. Were most folks not aware of it? That way one didn't have to buy the new books. (NOTE: I came into DnD at 3.5 so never had 3.0.)

Remove ads