D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Verys Arkon

First Post
Ghaerdon Fain said:
My InkJet both loves and hates you... so;

Since we're getting lot's of weekly updates from WotC, have you thought of publishing an updated version on a particular day? I'm sure you're going to add Monday's information, but should we wait until next weekend for your update before we print?

Thanks for the great work... saves looking around everywhere.

(ps go Flames... and Habs )

Yeah, its a balancing act - too many updates and printouts get too expensive, too few updates and material gets out of date fast, especially now. I've held off putting out v2.0 for two weeks so people wouldn't feel their last print-out was useless too soon.

No easy answer to this one. The amount of information that is coming out now is fantastic, and I'll do my best to add everything I think people would like to see, especially if it appears in this thread. I'm guessing PrRC updates will come about once a week or so. I'm not going to commit to a particular day though - the amount of time it takes to assemble the update depends largely on how much crunch is in a particular preview. Too much crunch (is there really such a thing!), and it takes more time to assemble and format - too little crunch and it isn't worth sending out an update and getting people to print out another copy.

Best advice I guess: don't print it out unless you really need to, like for a game day.

[PS My hometown Flames didn't fair so well last night - getting pretty dicey now.]

RyukenAngel said:
Most excellent and useful as always. Though, I do have a single suggestion. One of the "good habbits" that the 4e book writers tried to use was starting and entries (and not just the begining of chapters) at the beginning of pages, and ending it by the end of the two-page spread. For instance, you will see the Tiefling, Grick(?), Equipment and Gnolls all start on the top of the left page, and end some time on the page to the right. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to try to use a similar format, as I feel that it would make reading the PrRC in PDF form significantly easier.

I'd like to make it as easy to read as possible on-line, but I have to balance the page layout for people like Ghaerdon who like to print it out. I'm afraid that starting a new spread for each section would increase the page count significantly. (Note: the Dungeon and Dragon magazine PDFs had the same problems - some people wanted less wasted space for cheaper printing, some people wanted better layout for reading on screen).

Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
Scalding said:
Is anyone else having problems printing this? I'm printing to a HP Color LaserJet 2605dn. I'm using Adobe Reader 8.

Starting on page 8, I get the error:
This document could not be printed.
<ok>

Followed by:
A drawing error occurred.
<ok>

It appears to choke on the Minor Action text (the red background). I've tried printing several pages.

------------
Oh, and hello everyone! I've been lurking for several weeks now, since the first PHB Lite was put up! It's a great work, and I'll be sure to share my gaming experiences with you!
===============================
Edit:
Ok, it's a driver problem. Just in case anyone else has this problem, I was using the HP's PostScript drivers when I had this problem. I have now installed their PCL6 drivers, and the problem is gone.
Glad it is working out for you now. If anyone else is having trouble let me know.
Cheers,
Verys.

Ravingdork

Explorer
I can't get the PDF to print. It tells me there is a drawing error. :(

HELP ME. I'm supposed to run a playtest tomorrow and having a hardcopy of this document at the table would be invaluable.

I'm using a hp 2605dn laserjet printer.

Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
raven_dark64 said:
I can't get the PDF to print. It tells me there is a drawing error. :(

HELP ME. I'm supposed to run a playtest tomorrow and having a hardcopy of this document at the table would be invaluable.

I'm using a hp 2605dn laserjet printer.

Scalding said:
Edit:
Ok, it's a driver problem. Just in case anyone else has this problem, I was using the HP's PostScript drivers when I had this problem. I have now installed their PCL6 drivers, and the problem is gone.

Scalding had this same error with the same printer, and updating his print drivers seemed to solve the problem. I will look into it from my end too. I changed the way the PDF was generated because the way I originally was doing it would fail.

mattfs5

First Post
Hey there,

Fantastic job on the PDF. Any chance this could be posted as a Word doc (or equiv.) so the styles/formatting could be available to those that would like to use the same templating for their own docs?

Thanks!
Matt

mattfs5

First Post
mattfs5 said:
Hey there,

Fantastic job on the PDF. Any chance this could be posted as a Word doc (or equiv.) so the styles/formatting could be available to those that would like to use the same templating for their own docs?

Thanks!
Matt

Or, if you have concerns about posting the whole doc in an easily editable format, how about just a page or two so that all the styles, headings, etc. are accessible? ;)

That One Guy

First Post
Props to a true hero...

Soo... Verys, I've been thinking of running a 4e game once the edition comes out. I was also thinking of making an NPC or ancient hero named Verys Arkon. I was wondering what sort of class/character you tend to play. I don't think he'd be a major figure in the game or its mythos, but I think if people included him in their games it'd be a way of giving you thanks.

Remove ads