D&D 4E 4E PrRC ~v2.7~ FINAL UPDATE May 29.08

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Verys Arkon said:
I'd like to make it as easy to read as possible on-line, but I have to balance the page layout for people like Ghaerdon who like to print it out. I'm afraid that starting a new spread for each section would increase the page count significantly. (Note: the Dungeon and Dragon magazine PDFs had the same problems - some people wanted less wasted space for cheaper printing, some people wanted better layout for reading on screen).

Then I suppose it would be unreasonable to ask for two versions? :(

Verys Arkon

First Post
That One Guy said:
Soo... Verys, I've been thinking of running a 4e game once the edition comes out. I was also thinking of making an NPC or ancient hero named Verys Arkon. I was wondering what sort of class/character you tend to play. I don't think he'd be a major figure in the game or its mythos, but I think if people included him in their games it'd be a way of giving you thanks.

Haha, I'm honored, but I'm just the secretary. I think naming a few NPCs Von Mearls, or Sir Noonan would be better - those guys and the other WotC designer/developers are the real deal, I just cut-and-paste what they choose to divulge :)

But since you asked, I'm currently playing a Warlock Tiefling named Argul, and I usually play arcane casters of some sort. I actually prefer psionics, when I can find a DM that will allow them!

That One Guy

First Post
Verys Arkon said:
Haha, I'm honored, but I'm just the secretary. I think naming a few NPCs Von Mearls, or Sir Noonan would be better - those guys and the other WotC designer/developers are the real deal, I just cut-and-paste what they choose to divulge :)

But since you asked, I'm currently playing a Warlock Tiefling named Argul, and I usually play arcane casters of some sort. I actually prefer psionics, when I can find a DM that will allow them!

Groovy. Soo... I think I'll run with an NPC Tiefling named Verys Argul Arkon. Based on your response I'll have to say he's quite a humble guy. I'm thinking of saying he learned psionic powers from a mysterious sect and will train any willing apprentice. Until the psionics books come out I'll just have him go w/ Warlock powers that use psion-ish fluff... unless I decide that he's an ancient hero. I'll figure out those details later. Either way, thanks for all the effort you put into compiling the Wizards' stuff.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
correct me if i'm wrong, but don't dragonborn get +2 Cha instead of +2 Wis? Also, in the table of contents, you have the dragonborn tabbed in too far. :) Over all, ty for the great compilation.

Verys Arkon

First Post
malcolm_n said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but don't dragonborn get +2 Cha instead of +2 Wis? Also, in the table of contents, you have the dragonborn tabbed in too far. :) Over all, ty for the great compilation.

Yes, the summary table incorrectly lists Dragonborn as +2 Wis instead of +2 Cha. Use the stat block instead for now. Chibbot also noticed this, and it will be fixed for v2.1

Roger

First Post
Heya Argul,

Seems like there's someone about once every week asking about the Big List of Gods. Maybe you could add it as an appendix or something?

Cheers,
Roger

Verys Arkon

First Post
Roger said:
Heya Argul,

Seems like there's someone about once every week asking about the Big List of Gods. Maybe you could add it as an appendix or something?

Cheers,
Roger

MRick posted a list, and Hong added some portfolios here.
I'll add the list of Gods to v2.1 (likely out Thursday). Where to put them? I guess in chapter 8: For DMs for now.

Gods (portfolios by Hong)
1. Asmodeus (Deceit, Devils)
2. Avandra (Luck, Chance, Halflings)
3. Bahamut (Honor, Justice, Good Dragons, Dragonborn)
4. Bane (War, Tyranny)
5. Corellon (Magic, Eladrin)
6. Erathis (Civilization)
7. Gruumsh (Orcs, Slaughter)
8. Ioun (Magic, Knowledge)
9. Kord (Strength, Storms)
10. Lolth (Drow, Treachery)
11. Moradin (Crafting, Dwarves)
12. Obad-Hai or Melora (Nature)
13. Pelor (Sun, Humans, Agriculture)
14. Raven Queen (Death, the Dead, Winter)
15. Sehanine (Moon, Forest, Elves)
16. Tiamat (Vengeance, Evil Dragons, Dragonborn)
17. Torog (?, Evil?)
18. Vecna (Secrets)
19. Zehir (Night, Set clone)

The +1?
Tharizdun? (Evil, Demons)
Orcus?

Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
Some things from the recent Warlord Excerpt that I noticed (besides the obvious Warlord-related powers).

- as assumed, armor proficiency gives you access to all the lighter armors. I'll fill in the armor proficiency entries in the classes chapter.

- Warlord 'breaks' the current theory that divine power sources give +1 Healing Surge, as the Warlord gets 7 + Con Modifier with a Martial Source

- Weapons proficiencies are grouped weapons: simple melee, military melee, simple ranged (assuming a military ranged category too).

Remove ads