Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

jkason

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Quarion leaves the rope tying to the others. He takes the key, opens the door, and descends down the stairs as soon as the others are finished.

OOC: If Eanos, our "combat" character wishes to go first, by all means. I just want to get moving again.

OOG: I'm back from my trip and mostly caught up, by the way. =P

((OOC: Eanos is fine up front))

NakuruSai

First Post
jkason said:
((OOC: Eanos is fine up front))

((OOC: I figure there's no reason to move away from our Marching order in the first post of our adventure: Eanos and Mordik in front, Odno and Aletheia in the middle, and Quarion and Garma on rear guard))

B4cchus

Explorer
After securing Dunbar with a length of rope, you descent down the stone steps.
At the bottom of the stairs a foul stench greets you as you find yourself in a short hallway, lit by two torches. The stench is a strange mixture of decay and some strange alchemical fumes that are slightly irrtating your eyes and airways (ooc: nothing serious though).

The hallway has three doors: two opposing eachother in the middle of the hallway and one at the end.
The two doors on the left and right seem to be ordinary wooden doors and have keyholes. The one in front of you is a heavy iron door, also with a keyhole.

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
After securing Dunbar with a length of rope, you descent down the stone steps.
At the bottom of the stairs a foul stench greets you as you find yourself in a short hallway, lit by two torches. The stench is a strange mixture of decay and some strange alchemical fumes that are slightly irrtating your eyes and airways (ooc: nothing serious though).

The hallway has three doors: two opposing eachother in the middle of the hallway and one at the end.
The two doors on the left and right seem to be ordinary wooden doors and have keyholes. The one in front of you is a heavy iron door, also with a keyhole.

Mordik puts a flat hand behind him to signal a stop, then a finger to his lips. He checks the doors, and checks if it's possible to see through any of the keyholes of these doors. If not, he'll try to listen at each door in turn.

(OOC: not sure on the rolls here, Listen and Spot is +5 for Mordik, Search is +8 so if you want to roll to see what I pick up, please do so B4cchus)

B4cchus

Explorer
Mordik signals the rest and checks the doors. The doors to the left and right both sound silent. A peek through the keyhole reveals nothing, probably because the rooms behind the doors are dark.
Behind the iron door he hears a soft muttering, a voice, but it is too vague to make out any words. If eanos lends his ear he will assure you that it sounds very much like Graven's voice but her cannot make otu any words either.
The lock on the door seems to be constructed in such a fashion that you cannot peek through the keyhole. Also, the door are very well constrcuted so no light (or lack thereof) can be detected through any cracks along the door.

NakuruSai

First Post
B4cchus said:
Mordik signals the rest and checks the doors. The doors to the left and right both sound silent. A peek through the keyhole reveals nothing, probably because the rooms behind the doors are dark.
Behind the iron door he hears a soft muttering, a voice, but it is too vague to make out any words. If eanos lends his ear he will assure you that it sounds very much like Graven's voice but her cannot make otu any words either.
The lock on the door seems to be constructed in such a fashion that you cannot peek through the keyhole. Also, the door are very well constrcuted so no light (or lack thereof) can be detected through any cracks along the door.

Bringing out the keys, Mordik checks quietly each key in turn. Once the door is unlocked, he readies his weapon, nods at Eanos to check readiness, and then opens the (iron) door.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Now would have been Ally's chance to prebuff, but she has used all her spells on Mordik already. She prays that they have some duration left for the next inevitable fight and hopes that the others are prepared for what is to come.*

(OOC: Odno doesn't seem to have anything much to do yet either. I guess he'll probably stay in the back and fire energy rays in this fight unless the next thing also has SR)

jkason

First Post
NakuruSai said:
Bringing out the keys, Mordik checks quietly each key in turn. Once the door is unlocked, he readies his weapon, nods at Eanos to check readiness, and then opens the (iron) door.

Eanos, sling at the ready, nods his agreement. let's do this, his expression seems to say.

Remove ads