GM1: Bizarre Bazaar

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank pulls out several coins (some of them blood-stained) and counts them out in his hands. He then sets them out in ten neat stacks of ten on Gribble's counter. Before Gribble is 100 gold coins. Tank collects the silver amulet, tying it to his belt. "Well, I killed four of those broad runts when they tried to enslave me. This is their way of making it up to me." Tank gestures to the coins on the table, "How about that look-see?"

covaithe

Explorer
Gribble nods and makes Tank's coins disappear. He collars Nesker and mutters instructions to him, and the younger dwarf hurries off, returning quickly with a small paper packet. Gribble takes the packet and pours its contents, a grayish powder, into a mug of frothy ale, which he then quaffs with a grimace of distaste. He begins casting a lengthy spell, frequently touching the magical chain shirt, and seems to fall into a light trance. Eventually he shakes himself and rises, stretching. He hands the shirt back to Tank. "No curses here, I'm glad to say. Just yer basic armor enchantment. Still, you watch yer back, and keep that medallion outta sight, unless ye want more trouble. Them Grodleks aren't the forgivin' sort."

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

((OOC: Sorry, lost track of this thread.))

Once the company has finished their business with the dwarf and left his shop, Weel confides in them.

"I think he was lying about knowing someone who could translate that scroll," the cleric says. "He got a look on his face thinking about it, looked just like he did yesterday when we were talking about Merilmar and his dwarven axe. Can't hurt to ask him? Um ... it can't hurt, can it?"

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

"I don't know...we need allies here if we are going to win this...so I wouldn't push him on it." William says

Weel's brow furrows a minute, then he blushes. "Push ...? Oh! You thought I meant... damnable pronouns. I never use them right. I meant we should try to track down this Merilmar fellow with the axe and see if he can translate the scroll."

jaker2003

Explorer
Tank wants to sell his loot to Gribble.
[sblock=Loot]3 nets
3 bedrolls
2 whips
1 10' chain
2 padded greatclubs
1 greatclub [/sblock]note to self: I have 4sp from selling a whip already.

jaker2003

Explorer
I was actually trying to get you to crunch the numbers for me and post a total, so that I could link to it in Tank's Wealth Tracking.
[sblock=shopping with Gribble]3 nets X 10gp = 30gp
3 bedrolls X 0.5sp = 1.5sp = 0.15gp
2 whips X 0.5gp = 1gp
1 10' chain X 15gp = 15 gp
2 padded greatclubs X 2.5gp = 5gp
1 greatclub X 2.5gp = 2.5gp
1 Large Contribution While Nobody's Looking = 10,000gp
and that 4sp = 0.4gp
Total: 10,054.05gp or 1,000pp, 54gp, 0sp, 5cp[/sblock]There, I crunched the numbers, could you just post a reply confirming that amount?

Remove ads