Alignment/Multiclassing/DM Screen/Power Source From I-Con

Lizard

Explorer
Charwoman Gene said:
Here are some more tidbits from the 10 AM Sunday Session.

Magic Item Creation:
There will be a ritual available to drain magic from captured items to add to other items. This ritual will be usable in a dungeon.

Woo hoo! Time to shard some purples!

Purpose of the DMG:
The DMG's focus is on aiding the DM in customizing and "kit-bashing: the D&D game.

Best. 4e news. EVAR.

D.Shaffer

First Post
That bit (Magic Item breakdown) seems to be taken straight from Eberron actually. You can break down magic items to refil your XP 'Pool' for magic item creation/modification.

And when you shard an item in WoW, it's usually to sell it for a higher price then turning it in to a vendor would give you. Not quite the same thing.

FabioMilitoPagliara said:
Aberration magic (the Far Realm - mutation of self, madness and corruption)
Psionics was often described as "aberration magic" in Eberron as it was associated with Xoriat (Eberron's Far Realm) and Dal Quor (Eberron's Plane of Dreams).

Spatula

Explorer
D.Shaffer said:
That bit (Magic Item breakdown) seems to be taken straight from Eberron actually. You can break down magic items to refil your XP 'Pool' for magic item creation/modification.
It's an artificer class ability, not some Eberron setting trait.

D.Shaffer said:
And when you shard an item in WoW, it's usually to sell it for a higher price then turning it in to a vendor would give you. Not quite the same thing.
You disenchant magic items in WoW to get the components to enchant other items. The components can also be sold, but that's not the primary purpose of disenchanting.

kennew142

First Post
Campbell said:
I'm not certain that we will see an artificer class for 4e. The artificer class was largely created to circumvent certain issues with 3e's item creation system and to allow for NPC craftsmen who were not magicians. With ritual based magic item creation the class may no longer have a niche to fill in 4e (especially if the ability to perform rituals is based on being trained in Arcana).

While Baker may have been talking about a repurposed wizard, he did say that we would be able to play a gnome artifcer in July. I believe we're talking about a separate class, since he also added that the gnome artificer wouldn't have as many class options as other characters (presumably until the Eberron books or PHB2 came out).

Kobold Avenger said:
Psionics was often described as "aberration magic" in Eberron as it was associated with Xoriat (Eberron's Far Realm) and Dal Quor (Eberron's Plane of Dreams).
interesting, I don't have anything Eberron related but it makes sense :)

ForumFerret

Explorer
Charwoman Gene said:
Here are some more tidbits from the 10 AM Sunday Session.

Magic Item Creation:
There will be a ritual available to drain magic from captured items to add to other items. This ritual will be usable in a dungeon.

Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times YES.

MY sword stays with me the entire course of my career. Finally.

Remove ads