D&D 4E New 4E attack icon smilies

Ondo

First Post
Another set of dice - this one uses the 14x14 gifs from Wizards (instead of the 12x12), then removes the black edges, then puts a transparent pixel back in each corner.

Attachments

• 6.gif
    6.gif
    100 bytes · Views: 898
  • 1.gif
    1.gif
    82 bytes · Views: 904
  • 2.gif
    2.gif
    88 bytes · Views: 890
  • 3.gif
    3.gif
    91 bytes · Views: 891
  • 4.gif
    4.gif
    95 bytes · Views: 883
  • 5.gif
    5.gif
    99 bytes · Views: 893

Ondo

First Post
NilesB said:
Don't we need a basic ranged attack symbol?
I don't think I've ever seen that used, and I'm not sure what it would mean. The basic melee is the one you use for opportunity attacks and charges - how basic applies to a ranged attack, I don't know. Regardless, Wizards has one on their site here, as well as basic close and basic burst.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
mshea said:
Am I the only one who really doesn't like the symbols?

Whats wrong with:

(M)
Range
Cone
Blast

some people are visual learners like myself. I think the symbols are one of wizards best ideas ever... and i tend to lambaste them pretty hard.

Ondo

First Post
One last set - the attack icons with the color adjusted to try to make them match the default font color.

Attachments

• bm.gif
    bm.gif
    153 bytes · Views: 849
  • m.gif
    m.gif
    118 bytes · Views: 840
  • r.gif
    r.gif
    129 bytes · Views: 840
  • c.gif
    c.gif
    125 bytes · Views: 850
  • area.gif
    area.gif
    139 bytes · Views: 833

Exen Trik

First Post
Morrus said:
Off gray on black seems a little awkward, especially with the basic attack one. I can't really see the outer circle on that. Maybe it would look better if I used the enworld skin with the black background, but a little more contrast would make all the difference.

Wormwood said:
Version 2
I vote for these, it works well in most of the backgrounds. Needs to be a little cleaned up though, especially the area one. Look less good against black though...

Any chance there could be two different sets, depending on the skin being used?

TwinBahamut

First Post
Ondo said:
I don't think I've ever seen that used, and I'm not sure what it would mean. The basic melee is the one you use for opportunity attacks and charges - how basic applies to a ranged attack, I don't know.
Basic ranged attacks apply for stuff like "Feather Me Yon Oaf" and things like the Ranger's immediate counter-attack ability. It is not necessarily something everyone will have, but at the very least we know that Magic Missiles count as a basic attack and will use that symbol.

Remove ads