Sources of images for use as tokens

divinenathanica

First Post
Thank you, using OpenOffice to make them fit on one page helps a lot. I was alternating between trying to use paint or GIMP. I had an issue with copying the image from the thread and then pasting it into GIMP; it was reading more than the size of a page.

The OO way works much better, and with the color correcting things in GIMP, it won't be hard for me to have tokens that look slightly different, so I can tell one kobold slinger from the next.

:)

frankthedm

First Post
I find tweaking individual sprites for the mass troops a tad time consuming, but the effect an be nice. Did that on some of the of shield bearing hobgoblins i did up today. Also got some of their carnivorous ape pets from 1e along with the two trolls 3E puts in their groupings. {they also have ogres and dire wolves on thier '# appearing' entry, so if someone needs those, they are upthread. ] Edit: Seems some deep ones snuck in...

Edited Edit: Crap, while i reached for my shotgun, more aberrant horrors and loathsome ghouls have gathered.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Are they Cthonians or are they Neolithids? That depends if the players have shotguns or magic swords and shields. Also along for the ride are some larval flayers and Ultrolithids [sp]. Stealth editing in a horde of hydra. And some golems

Last edited:

Nebulous

Legend
I used to make tons of monsters myself. I got most of the images from the WotC boards and edited them in photoshop. I would either print them on cardstock, although sometimes i would upload them to Walmart.com and print out full sheets of glossy monsters. I would rarely use these now that i have so many plastic minis, but they're still cool. If i needed a bunch of minions i would definitely use them, or a huge rare monster didn't have a model for.

Most were flat, but sometimes i propped them up with pennies and hardened clay and pop sickle sticks. I have more monster tokens i made than i'll ever use actually, They're pretty quick to whip up yourself, and the gloss paper really makes a difference. Although players might not care.

mon1.jpg

mon2.jpg

mon3.jpg

mon4.jpg

Nebulous

Legend
I dug through my old boxes and found these sheets i had printed. If i can find the original files i'll post them for download, but i'm pretty sure they're saved on a CD somewhere, no longer on my hard drive.

m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m8.jpg

m9.jpg

Remove ads